07 EAA Oshkosk Flyin Pics

Started by Carnut, May 12, 2008, 03:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

I've just finished posting 739 pics of the 07 EAA Oshkosh Flyin by Carl Fry.

http://carnut.com/show/07/osh/oshp1.html

Learpilot

Quote from: "Carnut"I've just finished posting 739 pics of the 07 EAA Oshkosh Flyin by Carl Fry.

http://carnut.com/show/07/osh/oshp1.html
What Camera do you use ?
I am looking at getting a better digital camera. I Have a Nikon FG SLR film Camera, but my Digital is just a Nikon 4600 point and shoot. I can't afford an SLR Digital now ,but I do like the Canon S5 that is almost an SLR.
What is your expert opinion about the Canon S5 ?
Thanks for shairing your pictures with us Hot Rodders !!!
Rick

Harry

I have a Canon S5 IS. It will do everything an SLR camera can do and more. You can set ASA, shutter speeds, etc.
You get a beginners book and an advanced book with it. I'm still in the beginners.
I've had mine for awhile and I see the price has dropped.

wayne petty

back to the planes...

the house that we have been cleaning... i ran across an intresting pile of paper... and a few receipts...      they were cash deposits and info for a BD-4... prop job that was never delivered....

Carnut

Quote from: "wayne petty"back to the planes...

the house that we have been cleaning... i ran across an intresting pile of paper... and a few receipts...      they were cash deposits and info for a BD-4... prop job that was never delivered....

Heh, heh, ah the infamous BD aircraft.

The little pusher prop and very light jet kits were manufactured and tested
just up the road from here in Newton, Ks..

Might call them the 'Tucker' or 'Streetbeast' of the aircraft industry.

A few of the kits were built and still a few of the jets which were the first 'personal' jet A/C available to 'real' folks are still flying.

Now on camera's I'm kinda getting behind the times with mine, I'm still using my old reliable Olympus E-10 DSLR that I've had for 5 or 6yrs now. I've had several Olympus DLSR's and have found them to produce the best image for me and my uses on the net.

I recommend Olympus cameras to folks who are taking pics for me on my website. My SIL Charlotte is using an Olympus SP510UZ while several friends are using Olympus D535 models to send me pics to post.

Think it gets down to the same thing as 'whats the best TV' or 'Stereo' or 'Computer' everyone has to look at what they do and decide what they like.

Learpilot

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "wayne petty"back to the planes...

Heh, heh, ah the infamous BD aircraft.

The little pusher prop and very light jet kits were manufactured and tested
just up the road from here in Newton, Ks..

Might call them the 'Tucker' or 'Streetbeast' of the aircraft industry.

A few of the kits were built and still a few of the jets which were the first 'personal' jet A/C available to 'real' folks are still flying.

Now on camera's I'm kinda getting behind the times with mine, I'm still using my old reliable Olympus E-10 DSLR that I've had for 5 or 6yrs now. I've had several Olympus DLSR's and have found them to produce the best image for me and my uses on the net.

I recommend Olympus cameras to folks who are taking pics for me on my website. My SIL Charlotte is using an Olympus SP510UZ while several friends are using Olympus D535 models to send me pics to post.

Think it gets down to the same thing as 'whats the best TV' or 'Stereo' or 'Computer' everyone has to look at what they do and decide what they like.
A little more info on the BD Jets. The engine is a APU  from a Falcon 20. It puts out about 300 lbs of thrust which is about the same as a 300 HP prop engine.  It burns about 100 lbs of jet fuel an hour and most of the bd jets have about 200 lbs of fuel, so your range is 300 to 400 miles. The engine runs at 100% all the time. The way you control the speed they is with a pair of clamshell doors to close off the exaust , which is just like thrust reverser on other jets.  I think Mr. Jim Bede was more like  John Delorean because he promised more than he could deliver, and a lot of people put down money and never got anything.
About cameras I got the Canon S5-IS because it will do all I need now, but I still want an SLR. My Dodge needs new interior so the SLR will have to wait.  
Rick