Buy a part to modify it

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 05, 2004, 02:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I needed a dual belt altenator pulley for my sbc in my dodge.

i found a chrome pulley that was close, but would not bolt on. So I machined it a bit to fit.

All I had to do was cut the center down deeper so I could get a nut onto the alt's shaft.

I don't like the depth of the belt grooves, so I most likely will change those too. the grooves are slightly narrow, so the belt sets up a bit high

Can't us car guys leave anything alone?

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

SKR8PN

Crosley.......you been out in the sun to long again?????  Ya done had it chucked up the lathe.......Why didn't ya just go ahead and cut those belt grooves?????
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Crosley.......you been out in the sun to long again?????  Ya done had it chucked up the lathe.......Why didn't ya just go ahead and cut those belt grooves?????

============ the belt height deal I am unhappy with was discovered friday eve when I bolted the pulley on and hung the belt over it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58Apache

Ummmm  no ....  isn't that the whole point?

Thanks to seeing all you guys fiddle with and modify things, I actually think I might be able to try my hand at some of this too.

Of course I don't have fancy lathes and stuff like that, but I can try?

Standby to standby as they said in the Navy .......wait, I was in the Air Force. Don't look for wings on my car though.

Steve