Windshield Identification Help, Please

Started by Grandadeo, January 29, 2007, 02:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Anybody in the Autoglass business out there, or standing next to someone in the Autoglass Business.  I need a windshield for my 1953 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door Hardtop.  With the cracks in it I'll never be a Riddler contender.  As far as I know it is technically a P24-2 model.  However, when I try to look up any info on the exact windshield for the 2 door hardtop its as clear as mud to me.  The Hollander info that Normspeed had previously found for me is not much clearer.  There's one available now on that auction site but I want to be real sure its the right one before I try to get it.  Thanks gang.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Grandadeo

Still looking for a windshield for my '53 Plymouth 2 door hardtop.  Would like to find a used one with factory green tint like the rest of the glass.  I can get a new one but its over $600.  If you have any leads please post the contact info and body style.  I think the only one that's different is the convertible windshield.  Thanks Folks.

Lee

wayne petty

i could not remember what a 53 plymouth looked like....

check out this link...

http://www.shorey.net/Auto/American/Chrysler/Plymouth/1953%20Plymouth%20Belmont%20Concept%20Car%20Frt%20Qtr.jpg

hope yours is going to look like that...

but it may at one time have looked like the one below...

there are several great glass places here in la..

one place called san luis auto glass at 500 n. mission road.. half way between General hospital and city hall has 4 floors of glass in storage...  they use elevators to get to it...    i send people there all the time... they have always had the oddball glass...  if i remember i will call tomorrow...

and i do know that you are on on the other end of interstate 10...

Grandadeo

Thanks Wayne.  Wish it did look like the first one but its more like the second one except its a hardtop.  I did a quick search and found this:

San Luis Auto Glass
500 N Mission Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323) 342-0693

Not sure how close to downtown LA that is where my buddy Normspeed works.  Maybe he can check it out for me if I ask him nice.  

Lee

MrMopar64

Lee.
would your car happen to have the same windshield as the 51 Concorde?

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Grandadeo

Quote from: "MrMopar64"Lee.
would your car happen to have the same windshield as the 51 Concorde?

MM64  8)

To the best of my knowledge '53 was the first curved windshield for Plymouith & Dodge so it wouldn't be the same.  Thanks anyway.

Lee

wayne petty

update... san luis has multiple phone numbers... the number that does work is 323 225 8181...  my friend there is alberto...    he does not have the windshield... for that ... he did give me a huge tip.... get your pencils ready guys...

glass search....  1 800 848 1351...  they are back east..  and search everywhere for glass... and ship direct...  

i must remember my next trip to HF to pick up a few more giant riveters.. they use those a lot there... and loose those a lot there...   10 installers .. 20 bays.. 7 days a week.. including christmas .. 2 guys with flags in the street...