Can you ID this brake swap?

Started by Beck, April 24, 2008, 08:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

QuoteThe caliper is NOT 68 Corvette rear. I looked at one of those. The mounting holes are much closer together and the piston dia is much smaller

Sorry about that. I checked two sources, and came up with that application for that casting number. what Wayne said, check 68 Camaro with front discs only.

If the caliper brackets are OE GM stuff, the single piston bracket will interchange with the 4 piston bracket
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

ok... i have had my nose in the pdf files...

i found this is the closest to what was on the car...

bendix E125-66-062   pic below...  with a spacer it should work... behind the hub...   the 66 series shows for lincoln cars...  i cannot crossreference it with what i have...  

this is the only one with the small enough flange to clear your caliper.. that had a 11 inch diameter and a proper thinkness... if you make a spacer.. do it to the hub and the replacement rotor... that way replacment rotors could then be just bolted on...  from the back...

i did find the classic industrys also sells new exact fit one piece it looks like rotors... pic below....

Beck

Thanks guys. It looks like you have nailed it down. I had another pair of the Corvette calipers in my hand today. (swap meet today) Those look like they will work if I need to do a complete replacement.
Before I made adapters to use the other rotors I would just spend the $$ and buy the one piece units that are made to replace them. The rotors are precision fit on the hubs. If the adapter needs to be too thick I would loose that alignment. I am not afraid to machine on most components, but I just don't trust myself for something as important as brakes.

Thanks again.