Thrash on my son's '54 truck 4/13, Riga, Michigan

Started by Danimal, April 09, 2008, 12:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I'll be around this weekend. I have some other parts for you too. When you come down, I'll draw a diagram on wiring the pump. It will work.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Danimal

OK, maybe tomorrow. I'll call you first to warn you!

enjenjo

Danimal

Got the brakes to bleed. Wasn't too awful. Court is learning. We at least know it will stop from a push start!

I think I've got him convinced to go with moving the engine forward. He wanted to sink the firewall. I don't have time to do that now! I want FIRE in that motor not sparks in that cab!

enjenjo

You won't have to move it much, !/2" will be enough. Then the trans mount, and the driveshaft will still work.

Danimal

He's bent on radiator clearance (worries too much) so I told him we could always go to a pusher fan if needed.

I slept in so I'm a bit behind on my plan today but she'll be home this afternoon. Hell or high water. My mother in law wasn't upset last night. She needs her hot water tank replaced so she'll be nice to me until that is done.

With the mess I've got in her barn/garage, she has every right to be upset. 2 1/2 cars, tools, torches, garbage, hoist, blah blah blah. At least now I know where most of my tools are without searching for them because I've dug them out to take them down there!

I'll loosen all of the bolts and see what play I have. I know the one mount will slide forward about 1/2" but the other side is maxed out.

Danimal

Spent most of the day cleaning out the garage. Got Court's truck home. Brakes worked beautifully on the end of the tow strap!

More work tomorrow and maybe Frank's tomorrow night, depending. Looks like I'll be swapping a hot water tank...

Danimal

Didn't get her garage TOTALLY cleaned out. Still some fenders, tools, an engine block, and a car...oops. Waited all day to hear from my Brother-In-Law to put the new hot water tank in at his mom's place. When he finally did call and I went down, it turned out she got the wrong one. Who knew there were two? Didn't make it to Frank's because of this but there is always during the week, I guess...

Did get the motor moved forward. Dizzy drops right in now, got a tight finger worth of clearance between the diz and the firewall. Doesn't leave much room up front for the radiator. Still going to check a few things out on that.

We did get to play metal shop in the driveway (garage is full of stuff) and got the right running board mounts fabbed and drilled. Of course, who'd have thought they were 1/4" carriage bolts that held those on. I picked up 5/16" and they are just too wide for the slots.

On another note, was up in Adrian and found a '46 Chevy Fleetline sedan for $700. Good floor, decent body, not drive train or front seats but still pretty complete. May call on that one but the deal is the '48 Sedan Delivery would go bye-bye if that came home!

Off to work.

Dave

Quote from: "Danimal"Didn't get her garage TOTALLY cleaned out. Still some fenders, tools, an engine block, and a car...oops. Waited all day to hear from my Brother-In-Law to put the new hot water tank in at his mom's place. When he finally did call and I went down, it turned out she got the wrong one. Who knew there were two? Didn't make it to Frank's because of this but there is always during the week, I guess...

Did get the motor moved forward. Dizzy drops right in now, got a tight finger worth of clearance between the diz and the firewall. Doesn't leave much room up front for the radiator. Still going to check a few things out on that.

We did get to play metal shop in the driveway (garage is full of stuff) and got the right running board mounts fabbed and drilled. Of course, who'd have thought they were 1/4" carriage bolts that held those on. I picked up 5/16" and they are just too wide for the slots.

On another note, was up in Adrian and found a '46 Chevy Fleetline sedan for $700. Good floor, decent body, not drive train or front seats but still pretty complete. May call on that one but the deal is the '48 Sedan Delivery would go bye-bye if that came home!

Off to work.

I see a lot of stuff down around adrian and tecumseh for sale?  I think id take the c-dan over the delivery anyway..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Danimal

I think so, too, Dave. Have you come down 223 by the Antique Tractor groudns? I'm almost positive that '46 sat there last summer on a trailer but they were talking like $1200 then.

Looks like I'm going out of town next week so I'll have to get what I can done during the evenings this week on the truck. I hope to have the running boards on it and I still have to get to Dundee, didn't make it there this weekend either.