Well its official

Started by Dave, April 06, 2008, 09:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

No first off I dont want to offend anyone here especially the Franks.. I just this morning put the roadster in the for sale section of the HAMB.. There is a lot more exposure over there so thats where i decided to start. Next will prolly be Ebay after a month or so and it will be for sale locally too. Ill still be playing with it and i set the price near to what ive got in it. If I make 500 bucks then I make 500 bucks.. I see me doing a lot of biking this summer and a lot of racing too.. Anyway thats that.. Im already pondering the next project if this sells after the big * addition on the garage..
Im off to Anderson Indiana for the midget race today..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

tomslik

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

No offense. What you said is correct. The HAMB classifieds attract lots of attention all over the world. Be interesting to see what kind of results you get. I'm wondering about the market with all the recession  noise going on. Maybe you might consider letting Vance and I drive it around to help advertise.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

Jbird

Quote from: "kb426"Maybe you might consider letting Vance and I drive it around to help advertise.  :lol:

If you want to advertise it out here in sunny Californi you could ship it to me with your gas card in the "glove box", then I could drive it to shows with the red&white sign taped to the trunk. :roll:  :wink: Just tryin to help.
          Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Deuce

Quote from: "jusjunk"I just this morning put the roadster in the for sale section of the HAMB.. There is a lot more exposure over there so thats where i decided to start. Next will prolly be Ebay after a month or so and it will be for sale locally too. Dave :wink:  :arrow:

I saw it over there ... with already over 150 views.  :)

Sad thing about over there is ... @ 30 grand ... most of those guys * about spending over 5 or 10 grand. They condemn plastic cars a lot also. A lot of Do it yourself guys ... who do not buy cars ... over there ... but then I did sell a 40 Ford coupe there ... ( close to 25 grand $$$ ) ... so GOOD LUCK.
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

tomslik

Quote from: "Deuce"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I just this morning put the roadster in the for sale section of the HAMB.. There is a lot more exposure over there so thats where i decided to start. Next will prolly be Ebay after a month or so and it will be for sale locally too. Dave :wink:  :arrow:

I saw it over there ... with already over 150 views.  :)

Sad thing about over there is ... @ 30 grand ... most of those guys * about spending over 5 or 10 grand. They condemn plastic cars a lot also. A lot of Do it yourself guys ... who do not buy cars ... over there ... but then I did sell a 40 Ford coupe there ... ( close to 25 grand $$$ ) ... so GOOD LUCK.

last i heard there was around 46K members, too.
not all of 'em build their own, trust me...
good luck, jus...

you gonna tell 'em about the johnny hacksaw distributor?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"
you gonna tell 'em about the johnny hacksaw distributor?

Gee you must have mistaken me for someone else  :wink:
Ya we will see what the market brings and the HAMB.. The thing is I dont have to sell it id just like to and try something different so.... I can sit on it as long as needed.. This may sound crazy but id let it go for my investment which is a little less than 30k. I only did the 30k firm thing to cover any more that I do to it between now and when or if it sells.. Im not done working on it . I still need something to play with although I do have the harley.. If we saw 1 harley today we saw 100.. I dropped the grand daughter off in Ft Wayne then we hi tailed it to anderson for the race.. Had lunch at buffalo wild wings and hit the track just as they were doing the anthem.. Sweet day and sweet racing too.. In a couple weeks were in winchester indiana for USAC sprints .. Ya race season is here...
Dave

:arrow:

phat rat

Dave saw it now has over 320 looks. Put a litt;e over 100 mi on the cpe today going for a ride up around where I had my farm. It was a great day for it.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"Dave saw it now has over 320 looks. Put a litt;e over 100 mi on the cpe today going for a ride up around where I had my farm. It was a great day for it.

Well Jack if I hadnt planned on taking The grand kid back and meeting my boys at the races id have prolly been out .. Of course it was perfect Harley weather too.. Thats part of the problem .. There arent enuff nice days to divide all the riding and cruising up .. It would have ben great if we coulda rode the bike to anderson.. Maybe next time.. Ya 300 looks but no pm's.. :)
Dave :arrow:  :wink:

msuguydon

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ya 300 looks but no pm's.. :)
Dave :arrow:  :wink:

That's not true......  I sent you a PM
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Danimal

It is a shame that so many dis the higher priced cars but not everyone wants a pile o' project. I don't have the time to finish my stuff so I sold my '54 on the HAMB last week to a guy about a mile an a half from enjenjo. He's already stripped the motor down, blasted the wheels, and fixed the gas tank. It sat out here all winter and I didn't get ANY of that done.

I've got a project car on Killbillet because it is a cheap one. I've got over 400 looks, 2 PMs for pictures, and no buyers. You'd think a decent roller would be worth a grand or so but I guess the weather hasn't broke enough for the dudes with the plans to bust out their cash.

Good luck selling, JJ. I hope you make your investment enough to pay for that addition. Can I scrounge the leftover lumber so I can build a shack?

Dave

Quote from: "Danimal"It is a shame that so many dis the higher priced cars but not everyone wants a pile o' project. I don't have the time to finish my stuff so I sold my '54 on the HAMB last week to a guy about a mile an a half from enjenjo. He's already stripped the motor down, blasted the wheels, and fixed the gas tank. It sat out here all winter and I didn't get ANY of that done.

I've got a project car on Killbillet because it is a cheap one. I've got over 400 looks, 2 PMs for pictures, and no buyers. You'd think a decent roller would be worth a grand or so but I guess the weather hasn't broke enough for the dudes with the plans to bust out their cash.

Good luck selling, JJ. I hope you make your investment enough to pay for that addition. Can I scrounge the leftover lumber so I can build a shack?

Sure ill give you all the scraps  :lol:  :lol: I dont need to sell the car to build the addition Dan. Its just the cheapness in me that thats the plan I came up with to do it.. Now days if a person has any money at all he better put it away and use it wisely especially here in michigan cause you could be unemployed tomorrow..  :arrow:  Ill set on the roadster for as long as it takes and if it dont sell then ill finish the paint and keep making it better although thats about all it needs cause its all good stuff..
Dave :wink:

PS: I read your post's here and on the HAMB and I dont think im free tomorrow but there is a slim possibility i could show for a while..

Danimal

Thanks, Dave. If you can make it, give me a call. 734 276 0562 and I'll guide you in. It is just off of US223 at Riga Highway.

I have the money to do a few things but like you, I'm keeping it and letting my projects fund other projects. That's why I sold the '54 last week. I'm going to pick up parts for Court's truck today so we have something to thrash with! It was a whole lot easier pulling the money out of my car fund than writing a check for the driveshaft yesterday and for the stuff I'm buying today. When the car fund is empty, work stops!

I'm learning to get the better stuff as you can myself. I'll get there but for now, I'm starting from scratch and putting it together with what I've got.

I may go build a quick shed though so I can stash some of my other toys before the snow falls again!!