3 day weekend, ebay & B'ville questions

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, May 31, 2004, 01:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Tony, why don't you see if River would bring your bike up with him in the bed of his new truck. There is a bus running from Salt Lake City to Wendover or if it is timed right you can ride from the airport with me. If you had your bike there you would have a way to move arround. There was a '65 Falcon 1 block away from the motel in a back yard with-out plates on it. GPster

Cword

To add to the radios recommendation, if you'd like to listen to the timer, the course stewards, and starters a CB is a good thing to have.

Mike
--

GPster

The goldwing rear tire would be on the tail gate. At 830# , I think river1's tail gate would suffer under the weight bouncing down the road[/quote]                    When our son was in college I used to take my truck over to him so he would have something to drive in the summer. My soft-tail with a 16" front tire used to sit in the short bed of a Ford ranger on an angle with the front tire in a front corner of the bed and the rear tire in the diagonal corner in the rear of the bed with the gate up. Used to drive over and ride the bike back (230 miles). River is a decent sized man. I don't think the front end of the truck will be in the stars if he's driving. GPster

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "GPster"Tony, why don't you see if River would bring your bike up with him in the bed of his new truck. There is a bus running from Salt Lake City to Wendover or if it is timed right you can ride from the airport with me. If you had your bike there you would have a way to move arround. There was a '65 Falcon 1 block away from the motel in a back yard with-out plates on it. GPster

=========== I guess your are talking about my goldwing in the back of river1's new truck.  People would think it is a Harley if it was in the back of a truck. :lol:

yep, nobody would bother to load a taurus,uh, gold wang;)

The goldwing rear tire would be on the tail gate. At 830# , I think river1's tail gate would suffer under the weight bouncing down the road
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "GPster"Tony, why don't you see if River would bring your bike up with him in the bed of his new truck. There is a bus running from Salt Lake City to Wendover or if it is timed right you can ride from the airport with me. If you had your bike there you would have a way to move arround. There was a '65 Falcon 1 block away from the motel in a back yard with-out plates on it. GPster

=========== I guess your are talking about my goldwing in the back of river1's new truck.  People would think it is a Harley if it was in the back of a truck. :lol:

The goldwing rear tire would be on the tail gate. At 830# , I think river1's tail gate would suffer under the weight bouncing down the road

one problem with this whole plan, i'm not bringing the new truck. i'm going to do what i normally do rent a ranger p/u. i won't bring a daily driver on to the salt because of the corrosion issue. NOW if i had a hotrod running it would HAVE to be takin on the salt. the rental agencys down here have no idea of the bonniville salt flats like they do in SLC.

now i once HAD a motorcycle in the back of a p/u i owned, guess what kind.

yup it was a harley :lol:

i friend had run outta gas and it was easier to load it and take it to the gas then to bring the gas to it.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.