A Little off topic...

Started by Dusty, January 30, 2008, 05:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Back when I had bikes they were alway Japanese, I tried to buy a BSA 441 Victor but the guy couldn't get it to start when i went to get it. A friend of mine always had Brit bikes. He had a Norton 750 we used to play with in a field behind a school. He had had the engine in and out several times "fixing" it. I was flat tracking it one day behind the school and suddenly i  realised that on long power slides you had to steer the same way the  bike was turning to keep the slide going instead if steering into the slide like normal. I stopped and told the guy that owned the bike that it was handling "funny". We looked the bike over and found that the backbone was broken just behind the steering head. Seems he had CUT THE FRAME to remove the motor and had used COATHANGERS to gas weld it back together :shock: .....I dunno how we survived our youth!  :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"Back when I had bikes they were alway Japanese, I tried to buy a BSA 441 Victor but the guy couldn't get it to start when i went to get it. A friend of mine always had Brit bikes. He had a Norton 750 we used to play with in a field behind a school. He had had the engine in and out several times "fixing" it. I was flat tracking it one day behind the school and suddenly i  realised that on long power slides you had to steer the same way the  bike was turning to keep the slide going instead if steering into the slide like normal. I stopped and told the guy that owned the bike that it was handling "funny". We looked the bike over and found that the backbone was broken just behind the steering head. Seems he had CUT THE FRAME to remove the motor and had used COATHANGERS to gas weld it back together :shock: .....I dunno how we survived our youth!  :lol:

I had a 441 victor and it would do a wheel stand in the snow.. Torque was unbelievable... I had a 650 beezer too but i ended up selling it and i should have put it together it was a basket case.. I bought most of my scoots in pieces and put em back together then sold em and moved on.
Dave :wink:  :arrow: