weekend results

Started by kb426, March 30, 2008, 08:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

The goal for this weekend was to get all the ac lines run. I'm pretty much sucking as we speak. The grille shell had to come off to mount the condenser. The mounts for the grille shell wouldn't let it clear the condenser. Modified the mounts. Started to run the lines that I had one end crimped on yesterday. About half aren't going to work. I bought a universal Vintage Air line kit. Probably works with a chevy but not a ford. I should know better. Universal usually means "must be modified alot" in my world. The 135 degree fittings for the compressor won't work. The 45 degree fitting for the compressor to the condenser won't work. I quit for the day. I can't get anything finished so I can spend my time doing something else. Tomorrow I go to the parts house to see what they have. I doubt they will have a service port so I'll have to order fittings for the compressor. I guess I didn't want to get finished after all.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"The goal for this weekend was to get all the ac lines run. I'm pretty much sucking as we speak. The grille shell had to come off to mount the condenser. The mounts for the grille shell wouldn't let it clear the condenser. Modified the mounts. Started to run the lines that I had one end crimped on yesterday. About half aren't going to work. I bought a universal Vintage Air line kit. Probably works with a chevy but not a ford. I should know better. Universal usually means "must be modified alot" in my world. The 135 degree fittings for the compressor won't work. The 45 degree fitting for the compressor to the condenser won't work. I quit for the day. I can't get anything finished so I can spend my time doing something else. Tomorrow I go to the parts house to see what they have. I doubt they will have a service port so I'll have to order fittings for the compressor. I guess I didn't want to get finished after all.  :lol:

Wow.. My day went Great.. better than expected and got more done than I planned.. But im building a hot rod not a street rod (no Air)
Dave  :lol:

Charlie Chops 1940

I have always found that I never have the right a/c fittings in stock with the kit or left over from the last time. I think it's one of those jobs that requires at least two orders for more parts.

Hang in there. Ignore Dave, he's just a trouble maker.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Well Dave, I suppose I deserve that.  There wasn't a parts list for the kit so I would know what I was getting. I've tried to stay with Vintage Air components so if I had trouble, they couldn't say I used substandard  components.
Just remember, this is my wife's air conditioner. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"Well Dave, I suppose I deserve that.  There wasn't a parts list for the kit so I would know what I was getting. I've tried to stay with Vintage Air components so if I had trouble, they couldn't say I used substandard  components.
Just remember, this is my wife's air conditioner. :lol:

Im sure it will work out bill and im know how frustrating this stuff can be.. I forget what i was working on the other day Oh ya my valve cover breather and PCV and i had to finally pull the covers and open up the * holes cause once again its a hot rod and nothing fits.. Took me 2 days to finish a 30 minute project.. Hang in there the wife will love you..
Dave :lol:
ps: ignore Charlie he is a trouble maker  :lol:

EMSjunkie

save the fitting you don't need, I need some for my system 8)

lemme know what ya want to part with, 'specially if ya got some R-134a service ports :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****