How do you protect your ride from HAIL Storm!

Started by rooster, May 27, 2004, 07:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Nick32vic"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "Nick32vic"this side of the river (alton)

This is off topic, but Alton is where another guy and I had our motorcycle shop (Honda, Suzuki, Norton) in the late '60's.  It was down on Broadway.

c ya, Sum

WOW! Thats cool 1FAT! We cruise down broadway to go up the river road on sundays when its nice with the top down. How long did you live here? Did you know anybody in the rod scene?

Nick

I grew up in North St. Louis County and lived in Alton (next door to the shop in a converted store) a couple years.  Not any street cars that I knew of then, but would go to the Alton drag strip.  I saw the first run over 200 mph (204) there, but that has been disputed by some.

We use to close the shop about 6:00 and then do tuneups and repairs for a couple hours with no one bothering us and then go out for beer and livers and gizzards.  Next we would go up and ride in the bluffs along the river road past midnight on whatever bikes we had in the shop for sale used.  Broke my collarbone on a 50cc one night after a couple too many beers.

c ya, Sum

Nick32Vic

I grew up in North St. Louis County and lived in Alton (next door to the shop in a converted store) a couple years.  Not any street cars that I knew of then, but would go to the Alton drag strip.  I saw the first run over 200 mph (204) there, but that has been disputed by some.

We use to close the shop about 6:00 and then do tuneups and repairs for a couple hours with no one bothering us and then go out for beer and livers and gizzards.  Next we would go up and ride in the bluffs along the river road past midnight on whatever bikes we had in the shop for sale used.  Broke my collarbone on a 50cc one night after a couple too many beers.

c ya, Sum[/quote]

My dad said Alton Dragway use to be really popular. It was LONG gone by my time.

We go up in the bluffs sometime to, its real fun.

1FATGMC

That is a nice car  :D .

When I was your age there were a lot of those around.  Of course then they were just old trade-ins that nobody wanted and didn't look anywhere near as good looking as that car does.

Below is the car I had when I was your age. ( More about my first car )

Have fun with your rod and drive careful,

Sum