The day the squirrel went berserk

Started by alchevy, March 26, 2008, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

in Pascagoola. Well I didn't see any squirrels when I went to Pascagoola, MS to the Singing River Rod Run a few weeks ago. But I did see these wild rods (see pictures below). (this is from a Ray Stevens song for those of you wondering)

I have been away from the RRT for a while. What have I been doing? You ask. Back in August of 2007, I met the most wonderful woman at work of all places. We fell in love in December and have been dating ever since. My car club friends are jealous because she likes old cars! One of my friends wants to clone her. She used to drag race in a dragster and in a funny car. She also used to have a '31 Ford 5-window Coupe that someone gave her. Later on she had a jealous boyfriend and had to give the car back!  :(  :cry:  I told her that it would never be that way with me. See the picture below of her old car. I took it at a cruisenight after she gave it back. We have been amazed at how many times we were at the same car show and didn't even know each other then. We went to the same high school, I was a senior when she was a freshman. To top that off, we were in the same car show. But get this, it was inside a mall here in Vicksburg and there were only 35 places inside. She was on one end with the '31 and I was halfway down the mall with my '81 Chevy Stepside Pickup.

I am a member of the 240 club. Let me explain. Back in January, a condition that I was born with and have had happen several times since birth happened. That was a fast heart rate. I went to the emergency room with a heart rate of 240! Normal heart rate is around 70 to 80 range. They tell me that I have an extra circuit that causes a looping heart rate that I was born with. Without that extra circuit, most folks are passed out with a heart rate of 180. So far medicine has been controlling it without having to do surgery.

AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat rat

Nice looking car. But you do all this talking about the gal and no pic!
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

slocrow

Good for you Al! :b-d:  You seem like a swell guy........... so better for her.
Oh yeah, the car shots are nice too...............Thanks, Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

EMSjunkie

You truly are a blessed man :D

I have seen several "240" club members have a much worse outcome :(

they didn't happen to call it Wolfe-Parkinson-White Syndrome, did they?

Congrats on finding a companion too :!:  8)  :wink:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

alchevy

Thanks for all of the congrats.

Vance, no they didn't call it that.

Sorry, she likes being on the other side of the camera. She won't let me take a picture of her!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat rat

Quote from: "40chevy"Thanks for all of the congrats.

Vance, no they didn't call it that.

Sorry, she likes being on the other side of the camera. She won't let me take a picture of her!

LOL sounds like home
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

reborn55

Glad you are doing well Al.  might we get to see you and your camera shy friend at the Bunny Run.

alchevy

Ken, Yes you will be able to see her there. She will also be at Louisville.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

papastoyss

Are you sure the new GF didn't have anything to do with the fast heart rate? See ya at the Bunny Run.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

alchevy

That's what folks have been trying to tell me.

www.astreetrodder.com