Well this isnt gonna be a real good easter me thinks..

Started by Dave, March 22, 2008, 07:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Were buried in about a foot or so of snow here. Took me over an hour for a 20 minute ride home last night. I almost got hit head on 1 mile from the house too. Then my son and I had to go to the parts store for his pickup parts.. Got all the new springs and shoes and adjusters and all in the drums and the right side didnt wanna turn  :?: Everything is in right and we verified that 6 times :!: I finally put the left side together and we lowered it  started it and moved it around a bit and it moves so im thinking it will be ok .. He started on the fronts and then we broke for dinner at 9 pm then about 10 i hit the sack. Ill have to check and see how much more he got done.. The step daughters car has a busted exhaust hanger or 2... An easier than I thought fix there.. Through all the crappy weather and other stuff last night Sue was on the phone most of the night. Seems my brother in law went to see a friend last week and couldnt remember how to get home :?:  He has been from what im told kinda going off in a different direction while out with people . As in starting a conversation that has nothing to do with the topic at hand :?:  :?: My sister in law made him go get his hearing checked thinking that was the problem.. Then he started eating food he used to hate and he couldnt count money anymore. He is or was really looking forward to his job at the golf course again this summer.. Anyway they did a cat scan on him and he has a large brain tumor. He is in emergency and they are gonna operate today but it doesnt look good  :cry: Sue is gonna take my truck as its 4x4 and head to the hospital today and im gonna try and get everything done here on the vehicles and hang with the kids.. This sucks. Mike is a great guy and we have always had good times together.. Im praying for him today..
Dave

phat46

Dave, sorry to hear about your Bro in law. Keep your chin up though, I recently read about a young guy with a brain tumor that had it removed and he resumed and completed his college education.
And about the snow....you'll be happy to hear that we didn't get even one flake up here!!
and aren't the kids cars fun? I just spent the first several days of my vacation fixing my daughters car, both exhaust and brakes.

Bugpac

Got 3-4" here, sorry to hear about your bro in law Dave...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

butch27

8" of the white stuff  in Garden City. I WAS going to put the body back on today after just drilling and cotter pining all to the suspension bolts.  But spent and hour with the snow blower. LONG Winter!

Fuzzy

Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.If it's any consolation,they aren't always cancerous.A woman at work started doing about the same things,and they found a tumor also.No cancer,and after surgery,will lead a perfectly normal life.Hang in there,buddy!

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

Rayvyn

I'm sorry to hear that, Dave.
You know what happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I know what you're going through. Hang in there and hope for the best.
My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to you and Sue.

Bryan
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

Sorry to hear about this. Hope is for the best possible recovery.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Sue, and the family.

on a lighter note........its about 70* here today 8)

please keep us updated.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Thanks guys.. Good news so far.. The tumor is supposedly 100 % removed and they dont think its cancer and they expect 100% recovery as per about 2 pm this afternoon..  I also figured out that Brian's emergency brake cable was hung up ( who would think at 214000 miles   :?: cheap ford stuff) And that was giving us the right rear brake problem .. I cut the cable with my die grinder and put it back together and its good :!: On to Aprils car.. Broken hanger in front of the muffler.. All i had laying around was some 3/8 all thread so i pulled the old broken hanger out of the rubber mount and made a new piece out of all thread and welded it to the the pipe  :D  :D  :D Worked good. Now if you remember from my other post if you read it that Sue had a 100 bucks saved and wanted to know if that was enuff to fix it.. When she called to report on my brother in law i told her that aprils car was fixed and she owed me 100 bucks  :wink: She is gonna pay me when she gets home. :!:  All i really want is the 25 back i spent to get the drive plowed today and she can give the rest to the kid to get an oil change.. Ya know though maybe ill take the money and go buy the * oil then ill know its been done  :idea:
Dave

phat46

Great news all around Dave, 'specially the Bro In Law!!!  :)

moose

Dave,
Glad for you tha tthe news was good on all fronts except the weather. We only got 7-8 inches here....

Tim

Fuzzy

Great news Dave :D Sometimes things do end with a happy ending.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

Good news. Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

The last word is they will know more on monday.. Ill let ya know.. Got all the kids cars done im heading to bet im stressed ...........
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

39deluxe

We'll be hoping for the best.

I went into work last night and was praying that they wouldn't be sending me north into the snow storm. We had a few guys go to Grand Rapids, Lake Odessa and up to East Jordon but I got lucky and went to Kentucky. No snow and 65 degrees down along the Ohio river. I did have to set on I-74 for 2 1/4 hours while they mopped up a wreck though. That shot any chance I had of getting home last night but at least I wasn't driving 500 miles in the snow.

Tom