Ok Kids here they are....

Started by Dave, March 20, 2008, 06:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ya right .. Did I get your attention  :?:  :?:  :lol:  :lol: Heres the pics of the new valve covers and air cleaner.. These valve covers rock I hope i dont have to change engines  :lol:  :lol: I forgot to order the finned breather and pcv but I called today and they are gonna send em out tomorrow.. Mine are too big but i did get em in.. I also got one of the Holley carbs I posted about ordered and I found an even better deal than I first found.. Guess saving some more money will help offset the breather and pcv stuff  :?:  :?: I got the oil changed tonite and I decided to wait till I get the carb on and stuff before i put the hood tops back on.. I got work to do this weekend on kids stuff anyway..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Looks great 'Lil Buddy :D

that dizzy looks awful big, hope you can get it out without too much trouble :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

35WINDOW

Boy, that really looks nice-are you going to paint in between the fins or leave 'em alone?

Dave

Quote from: "35WINDOW"Boy, that really looks nice-are you going to paint in between the fins or leave 'em alone?

im gonna leave it as is cause i like it.. These covers are most likely off shore stuff but they really look sweet and painted they would look even better but i just dont want to get that crazy with this car.. Although its for sale and will be for sale its gonna be my fun machine..  :lol: So in order to be fun its gotta be an easy build .... And cheaper than the others...
Dave

UGLY OLDS

What coating is on your exhaust manifolds  :?:  :?:  Boy...Vance is right ..That dizzy is a big 'un... :shock:  :?

Bob...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"What coating is on your exhaust manifolds  :?:  :?:  Boy...Vance is right ..That dizzy is a big 'un... :shock:  :?

Bob...

Bob thats just bright silver hi temp header paint.. I dont even remember what brand it is but i think i have the can yet.. It was on the shelf so I used it..
Dave

C9

Geez, you got your alternator where the distributor's supposed to be. :P

Looks good, is the high temp paint you have on your Rams Horns a brush on or spray?

Take a look at the brand of paint for me if you would, I think that would work great with these.

C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Dave

Jay ill try to get it for you this weekend.. Its in a spray can.. And im pretty sure I know right where it is but im gonna be really busy .. Ill put you on my list though :lol:
dave :wink:  :arrow:

C9

Quote from: "jusjunk"Jay ill try to get it for you this weekend.. Its in a spray can.. And im pretty sure I know right where it is but im gonna be really busy .. Ill put you on my list though :lol:

Works for me, thanks....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"Jay ill try to get it for you this weekend.. Its in a spray can.. And im pretty sure I know right where it is but im gonna be really busy .. Ill put you on my list though :lol:

In the amount of time it took you to hunt and peck that response, ya coulda walked out and found it and be done by now.....
Time management not a strong suit, huh?
Poor Jay coulda had the darned headers painted by now and gone on to work on something else... :roll:  :wink:

If ya hadn't spent a week pullin' your.........
Dizzy
Back with a vengeance, but in a loving way... 8)  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

UGLY OLDS

GOLLY... :shock:   Look what I started with a simple question.. :?  I feel better now ..Thanks Bry... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Dizzy

if he had one of vances' sheep he wouldn't have needed to pull his dizzy.

does he call it his dizzy because after he pulls it that's the state he's in.
:-}

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

In the amount of time it took you to hunt and peck that response, ya coulda walked out and found it and be done by now.....
Time management not a strong suit, huh?
Poor Jay coulda had the darned headers painted by now and gone on to work on something else... :roll:  :wink:

Dizzy

Ya cetp I was at work when I replied and last night was so * busy i forgot.. So there.. I can see by the pic he posted there Ray that he aint ready for paint yet anyway ... Id like to think he aint gonna use that tape to hold em together..
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "C9"

Works for me, thanks....

Jay .. Its Dupli-Color 1606 aluminum.. I got it at advance auto but when i was last there they didnt have any.. Im sure it can be had though.. Sorry im late but its been a busy couple o days ... Ill look later when i go for oil for the kids car..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

39deluxe

I've bought Dupli Color engine and exhaust paints at Auto Zone and NAPA too. Those manifolds look great.

As for using tape to hold the pipes together I would much rather use a big radiator hose clamp. Plus it's shiney. :D

Tom