The first ride and the second and third and and..

Started by Dave, March 15, 2008, 06:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well last evening while i was waiting for the epoxy primer to dry so i could shoot high fill on the hood tops i decided to first go for a harley ride .. hell it was like 57 degrees  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I just went around the block then I shot the second coat of epoxy and finished my cool evening drink and Sue pulled in the drive so i told here while the second coat was drying i was gonna drive the roadster.. Ha Ha i forgot I was gonna flush the cooling system and there wasnt any wa wa in it .. So after the second run around the block i figured it out  :idea: .. Well today i went out and did a few things i needed to finish on the car and then I pulled it out and filled it with wa wa  and the cooling system flush thingy stuff and it said run it for 20 minutes.. Sooooooooo.. Time for a ride.. Thats when I figured out id screwed up the t-stat. I couldnt get hardly any engine heat and i was making water in the valve covers.. Trip to the auto parts got me oil for sues car and a t-stat and some zerk fittings (had to make some changes as i always reverse the spindles to hide the fittings from the front) and some sea foam (it was on sale   :?: I think and ive wanted to try some) and back home to finish the project.. Got the radiator drained and the new t-stat in the fired it up with straight wa wa and finially got some engine temp.. I flushed the radiator 3 times with clean wa wa then drained the system and added antifreeze so i should be good to go there but I dont remember getting a replacement antifreeze checker after the break in and i cant find one in the shop.. Ill make a note to purchase one.. So coolant in time for another ride.. Hummm a lot different than the coupe.. got back to the house and time for a check.. Every thing looks good but im still getting crap outta the breathers cause of the heat problem but its getting better. Ok one more ride before the race starts.. Out to the highway.. Runs good although its 41 degrees and kinda breezy.. Im sure glad i made these wind wings as im sure they are saving my *  :lol:  :lol: .. Get back to the house and notice oil around the center bolt screws  :?:  :?:  :?: * things are all loose  :?:  :?:  :?: Its breezy and its noisy .. I dont like the sound of the mufflers and there an few other noises that need looking into.. I already kinda fixed the rattling doors and ive got to do something with the dash cause it vibrates an about 20 mph  :?:  I think tomorrow after I change the oil in sues car ill head downtown and get more oil and a filter for the roadster and just change it again.. maybe ill do it monday or tuesday after i swap out the valve covers and dizzy..
But it sure was fun............. It seems like its got a miss too but then again maybe it doesnt.. Oh well things to do.. It runs and drives..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

UGLY OLDS

Congrats...first ride is always the best..... :D  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Good to see progress. You have to drive them to see if you have any surprises so I'm happy for you.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Good for you. You're almost done now.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Good for you. You're almost done now.

Charlie

Ya sure.. Done is when im standing in the driveway with a big ol check in my hand watching the tail lights  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow: