I think i did good today

Started by Dave, March 12, 2008, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ive been searching the bay for a moon or moon style tank for the roadster.. I had one on the coupe from speedy bill but it was 199.00 plus 59.00 for the brackets .. Its made by Kinsler fuel injection east of me here so i enmailed them a while back thinnin i could get a better deal and holy cow they were like 80 bucks higher in price... Well fast forward.. I was looking at lunch so i did a search on the bay for moon tanks and i find one in wa state that sure looks in the pic like the same Kinsler that speedy bill sells with brackets for a buy it now of .......120.00       );b(  );b(  );b(  i emailed the guy and he said it was brand new and perfect condition and although his buy it now was 120.00 a couple guys bid it to 59.00.. After having one of these tanks (actually sue got it for me after i got home from the hospital) and knowing they are pretty nice.. Well I just had to have it... So after bidding on crap that id like to have at least once A WEEK and getting out bid i got this sucker...   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

zzford

Sure gives me a warm and fuzzy feelin'. It is nice to sometimes get the bear before he gets you.

butch27

I hate E-Bay. Always some sniper? comes in the last 2 seconds and pays more for it than it is worth.

Bugpac

Quote from: "butch27"I hate E-Bay. Always some sniper? comes in the last 2 seconds and pays more for it than it is worth.

Must be worth it to someone... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat rat

I learned a long time ago that the worth of something is whatever someone is willing to pay. I've sold a lot of parts and it never ceases to amaze me how much things can sometimes bring. By the same token if something starts being repoped the worth many times goes in the toilet. An example of that is original Caddy/Olds aircleaners, 3-5 years ago I got as much as $250 for a nice one. The last one I have I can't sell for $175 so I decided to keep it for my own ride
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.