Calls from auto dealers?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 11, 2008, 10:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

We have purchased a couple of new vehicles in the past 6-7 years...

the past 4 months I have received about 15 calls from dealership sales staff.  It would seem new trucks and cars are NOT selling well.

One sales fellow offered to put me into a 2008 truck for the same payment as my 2006 truck... after I explained I had no payment and expected a straight swap of the 2008 for the 2006 truck... he back pedaled quickly

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"We have purchased a couple of new vehicles in the past 6-7 years...

the past 4 months I have received about 15 calls from dealership sales staff.  It would seem new trucks and cars are NOT selling well.

One sales fellow offered to put me into a 2008 truck for the same payment as my 2006 truck... after I explained I had no payment and expected a straight swap of the 2008 for the 2006 truck... he back pedaled quickly

:shock:

My salse person passed away a couple weeks ago and id trade for a full size if i could get the same payment.. :wink:
Dave

Bugpac

I bought a 2004 van used, less that 50k, Well i am good friends with the bank lady, so the dealer ran it thru them, I had her tell them what they would loan... :D  saved me 3k...dealer asked if i had the 3k down, i told him if i did id outright buy me an older bomber van, 2 days later he called and said they would do it for the bank loan amount...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Fat Cat

Miss Kitty and I recently purchased a new Hyundai Vera Cruz. That was around the 10th of January. About the first of March we got a letter fromt he dealership informing us that they were looking for good quality used cars and would be more than willing to give us a good deal on our used car and put us in a brand new Hyundai or Mazda. Funny part was we had just made the first payment on this one and had just turned over 1000 miles on it.

I told Miss kitty I didn't think so and threw the letter away.