DETROIT AUTORAMA & GM HERITAGE CENTER TOUR

Started by Bob K, December 22, 2007, 01:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Cut & Paste rules, I copied this from the HAMB post I made.

OK here's the official scoop.

Rooms are at the Holiday Inn Express which is 2 blocks from COBO hall. They are 106.00 plus tax per night.

PM ME FOR A ROOM FORM

I NEED YOUR EMAIL TO GET YOU A FORM

GM HERITAGE CENTER TOUR

This is scheduled for 1 pm on Friday March 7th. The cost will be based on the number of people that attend diveded by 600.00. So, if 30 people go that would work out to 20.00 per person.
There are at this time 20 people that have commited to go.

YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING YOUR CAMERA !!!!!!!!!!

I will collect the money at the door to the GM Heritage Center when we get there.

You will have to furnish your own transportation. There are already some folks that will have suv's there and have volunteered to play taxi cab.

PM ME TO INDICATE YOUR INTEREST IN THE TOUR.

Questions, please PM.

Mods, could I have a sticky on this please.

B :P>B

PUDDLE OUT !!!!!!!!!!!

THEM! WISCOWSIN[/img]
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Bob K

Well it's over and what a deal it was. AWSOME is the only word to describe it. About 200 of GM's finest and oldest neatest. Pic's to follow here or on the HAMB.

B :D B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Bob K"Well it's over and what a deal it was. AWSOME is the only word to describe it. About 200 of GM's finest and oldest neatest.
Most definitely!! 8)

Thanks for setting it up Bob.
George

39deluxe

I was thinking about what I was missing while I was at work.  Will be watching for the pics. I'm still planning on making it to the show tomorrow.  I hope they do the tour again next year.

Tom

purplepickup

Quote from: "39deluxe"I was thinking about what I was missing while I was at work.  Will be watching for the pics. I'm still planning on making it to the show tomorrow.  I hope they do the tour again next year.

Tom
I was just peeking at the pics I took.  The place had low general lighting with brighter lighting in places to make a very nice atmosphere.  I took most of my pics without a flash and they came out pretty good.  I wish I could post them at full resolution.   They lose a lot when you shrink them. The resized pics don't do justice to the experience.

I'm sure someone will be posting plenty of pics soon.  I'll try to do a few later.  I'm heading back to Detroit right now.  

Here's a couple of unique Firebirds.
George

Danimal

Bob, thanks for putting this on. My boys and I were late but still had a blast. Good to see everyone even if I didn't talk to many.

Dan

Bob K

Dan, glad you enjoyed it. Too bad we didn't get to meet but there will be other oppertunity's I'm sure.

George, can you post some pic's, I am swamped and can't even get the time to get mine uploaded. Gotta get ready to go to austin also. I know, I know, I have a tought life.

39deluxe

I kind of messed up my pictures at the autorama too. I had the meter set on spot for some pictures I was taking of the truck at home instead of overall reading. Now I get to edit 109 pictures to adjust color, contrast and brightness. It will be a few days before I'm done and can post a link to the album.

Tom