Close call!

Started by phat46, March 01, 2008, 07:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Nothing too dramatic; today I went out to the shop to start my '46 Chevy for the first time since las Nov. I reinstalled the battery and reached in my pocket for the keys...and froze. I realised the key was hanging on a hook  in the bunkhouse at my deer camp.... 552 miles away!!!!! I realised after i got home from hunting last Nov. that I had left my house keys up there, no big deal, I jst had new keys cut from my hidden spares. I never gave a thought to my '46 key being on the same key ring as my house keys, I keep my DD keys separte from all my other keys. I finally remembered that we had made an extra set for the '46 when we went to the Nats' in Louisville in '99 and 2000. After a search I found the extra set and started her right up. That was one of those "OH Sh*T" monments.    :lol:  :oops:  :roll:

kb426

Close. Glad it ended well.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

One only needs to own a boat to truly appreciate what you were going through. How many guys do you know that have gone to the lake only to realise the boat keys are still at home?

t-vicky

This is why I have keyless ign in all my hot rods. I used to have a wad of keys that would wear a hole in your pocket in a week. Then I retired & put new locks on the house & garage & storage barn. All keyed alike.  Now I carry a key to the house & a key to mommas Nissan.

freddrew

That is one of the problems with our high tech vehicles, you can't just use jumper wires.  

Fred
Fred

phat46

Quote from: "freddrew"That is one of the problems with our high tech vehicles, you can't just use jumper wires.  

Fred

Yeah, and now i realised that the locking gas cap key is on the same ring... :roll:

bucketmouth

Well last night I found out I live in a reasonably safe area.  A bunch of us went to the Speedway yesterday to do some laps with the sprint car drivers in our rods. Had a good night but when I got home I found my front door wide open. In my haste I left if open when I went out.
:oops:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

57larry

been there done that too many times