Fender well headers done

Started by Mikej, March 03, 2008, 04:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

I finished the headers  two weeks ago. Took them to the coater and had them ceramic coated. Had everything back together by Saturday for the one day of warm weather.  I'm hoping my under hood temps go down. I would like to be able to run 89 octane gas. 91 octane was $3.50 a gal.
 I put my stock spindles back on to gain some ground clearance. Rides better. I don't have to have the coil overs as tight. Gained about an 1.5".

Dave

Quote from: "Mikej"I finished the headers  two weeks ago. Took them to the coater and had them ceramic coated. Had everything back together by Saturday for the one day of warm weather.  I'm hoping my under hood temps go down. I would like to be able to run 89 octane gas. 91 octane was $3.50 a gal.
 I put my stock spindles back on to gain some ground clearance. Rides better. I don't have to have the coil overs as tight. Gained about an 1.5".

I hope it all works for ya.. I run low compression stuff.. cheaper gas and i dont need the h/p..  When I built my 34 ford i put in dropped spindles then fooled around with springs ( i was using stock stuff)  and eventually cut 1/2 a coil off and went back to stock spindles.. If i remember right that was the second pair of springs cause the first ones were letting it sit a mile high..
Dave