It's The Weekend!!!

Started by kb426, March 01, 2008, 03:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

It's 84 degrees here without the wind. I've exercised all the cycles, had the deuce out for some pics and it's back to work time.
TEAM SMART

Dave

U suck..........Its 40 here but we have about 6 inches of snow.. Ya very pretty . sunny too .. u still suck.. Im going back to the nationwide race..
Dave.....

UGLY OLDS

Neat photos Bill...How much snow & cold weather do you guy's get during winter??  I may look there for my "Retirement Villa" ... :lol:

Bob....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Dave, I know I suck but I still luv ya. Bob, sw Kansas is the land of extremes. We sometimes have very mild winters. This last week has been the first glimpse of spring. We usually have Indian summer for a couple of weeks in January of February. Average snow fall is around 20". To my knowledge, the record was a few years ago when we had 55". The average rainfall is around 18". We have lots of ugly days but every now and then we have a perfect day. That was today. I did some work but kept finding excuses to drive the deuce. I want you guys with lots of skills to know that I wrecked the paint work. I'm embarrassed by it. BUT, I enjoy driving this thing so much that I don't care. I'm enjoying this POS so much that I'm surprised. This is the most fun I've had since I quit drag racing. I love my cycles and I enjoy lots of things in life but I may develop a love affair with this clunker. Please pardon my dribble. I'll try real hard not to post anymore redundant pics or go on about driving it.
TEAM SMART

Bib_Overalls

Not quite as warm here.  But very nice.  Fired up the roadster and backed it out while I did some mess moving in the shop.  In the morning I am going to make a topless run to the cafe for breakfast with my buds.  And in the afternoon, a run to a friend's shop.  He has an indoor detailing room with floor drain and hot water.  Need to get "Hot Stuff" ready for our first cruise-in of the new season, weather permitting.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Dave

Bill i dont know where you screwed up the paint at.. It looks fine to me. I wasnt reall happy with the purple on my 34 when i got it done and you could see the light spots on the passenger side fender and running board but after i put the flames on it and finished the interior i made 10k on the car and i was just fooling around when i put the for sale sign on it..  :lol: Im pretty excited about the roadster and after looking a rudy's interior pics i wish mine was that nice but it will do. Im really looking forward to getting the bop top .. I may just have to keep this one a while :wink:
Dave
ps: its gonna hit 43 today here they say.. No driving though as we have a bunch of snow on the ground still .

kb426

Dave, I agree about Rudy's interior. My dilemma is that I wanted to keep my bare door panels. That leaves me with the seat and the rear of the cab. When I look at the really cool stuff, I want to do that also but I still want as low of upkeep as possible because of daily driving. I was going to use vinyl on the seat and then changed my mind on the way back from Indy in my son's Mustang. I was sweating on the leather thinking,"this isn't what I want". So in keeping with a mid 60's layout, I have to find some fabric that won't look to out of place but still be functional. I think I'm in trouble with that one. :lol:
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Yup Bill...I looked at all the photo's so far... :? Paint work is horrible ... :lol:   Worst I've ever seen.... :shock:  When my A is ready could you ruin mine too  :?:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:    It's been said before ..Own It  :!:  Build it  :!:  Drive it  :!:  

Bob...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I love the looks of that truck! I bet its just a blast to drive .

EMSjunkie

Looks great Bill, crappy paint and all :lol:

you need to bring it down to Shamrock, TX this year for the St. Patricks Day show.

No...hold on.....DON'T BRING IT :!:  :!:
that way, maybe I'll have a shot at winning "Best Street Rod" again :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "kb426"I was sweating on the leather thinking,"this isn't what I want". So in keeping with a mid 60's layout, I have to find some fabric that won't look to out of place but still be functional. I think I'm in trouble with that one. :lol:

First of all, I REALLY like the looks of your truck!  .....That green surely grabs your eye, but I like it!!

Like you, I am not a big fan of leather or vinyl for comfort.  

I asked a friend who owns an upholstery/decorating shop what he has available that is suitable for an auto interior for an open car.  

He showed me several samples of fabrics used on outdoor furniture.  .....Some of it is very nice, and most are waterproof, durable, and easy to keep clean.  ......They are nothing like the old canvas lawn chairs.

A well-stocked fabric shop (sewing center) may also stock some of these fabrics.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!