a little off topic but .. spiders in michigan

Started by Dave, February 29, 2008, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Some time last evening before Sue got home from the grocery store i got bit by a spider.. I dunno if it was when i was in the garage or when i came in the house. Of course Sue says garage  :!:  :!: Just when she came home i got up to help carry in the groceries and dam my neck hurt.. I asked Sue to look at it as I just noticed it and she said holy S&*T.. I had 3 bites on my neck and a red line running horizontally on my neck and everything was swelled up  :?: I hauled the goods in from the car and quick took 2 benadryl (spelling) and watched tv till about 9 and hit the sack.. I really wasnt feeling well.. Today at work i felt so so but about noon i got a sharp pain in my left arm then my shoulder hurt  :?: .. Now you gotta remember after a heart attack anything like this (arm pain shoulder pain) kinda makes you set up and take notice.. Anyone know what kind of a spider in michigan would kick my azz like that and dont they go dormant in the winter :?:  
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

I'd like to help Dave but I'm clueless about your area. We have some brown recluse in my area. If that is what bit you, the amount of time that lapses before treatment is real important. It might be good to see a real doctor.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"I'd like to help Dave but I'm clueless about your area. We have some brown recluse in my area. If that is what bit you, the amount of time that lapses before treatment is real important. It might be good to see a real doctor.

Geeze thanks bill .. Thats uplifting.. Hey if i dont make the weekend just call my wife and tell her I said you can have the car  :wink:
Dave :arrow:

Bugpac

They say we dont have brown recluse in michigan, But thats Bull crap, Look at this here...This has every sign of a brown recluse bite...My buddys hand after a day of riding...

this is the day after...

this is 2 days later...

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

oiler

maybe Sue is poisoning you :lol:
nice knowing ya
Jeff

purplepickup

It probably wasn't a brown recluse spider.  They're in Michigan but rare.  But if it was you definitely should go to the doctor, especially if it bit you three times.  Google "brown recluse spider bites" under images and check out some of the bite pics.  They're nasty.
George

wayne petty

the red stripe means blood poisoning... quick antibiotics is the only way to stop it....

if the stripe gets to the head or heart area you may be in deep trouble,,,,,,,,
\
learned that in commercial fishing a few decades ago....

campho phoenic paste or liquid is great on most moskito or spider bites...

brown recluse spider bites... a single bite is treatable... more than one... and you need to be hospitalized...  it is that serious....

the spider venom breaks down the tissue so the spider can come back and drink the liquid...

if it spreads to the blood stream .... you dont want to know...

it causes gangrene also....

call the ER now.... fax them a black and white photo with a ruler in frame...

Dave

Well guys im alive so its not that bad... Ill remember the red stripe wayne.. Im pretty sure im not gonna die but the whole deal was wierd if not an unpleasant experience..
Dave :arrow:

Jbird

I'm a journeyman spider killer. Last spring I killed 12 black widows in one car alone. It had been sitting in someones back yard, under a car cover for years. I brought it into the shop and raised it up on the lift to remove the fuel tank. I killed two of them black bichez right away then I got the willies so I sprayed some of that long range bug spray under it. One more dropped down and I squashed it. I was too willified to get back under it so I left it up there all night. The next morning there were three more widders on their single web strands about halfway between the floor and the car. The perfect height to scare the pizz out of an aracnaphobe? spiderfobe? For the next few mornings I'd open the shop and before flipping on the overhead lights I'd take my little led flashlight and hunt widows that dropped down looking for a meal. I usually spray paint them silver so they can't hide in a dark corner if they escape my squasher broom. My previous record was seven widders in a VW bug. Now I got the spider willies all over again.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance