Hot Rod Flatz Urathane,from the Kustom Shop??

Started by jimcaf, February 22, 2008, 10:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimcaf

have any of you guys used this stuff its always on Ebay,,Its a san diego based company,i ,iv used it twice and its come out kind of spotty it dosnt seem dry even and level out right for me anyway,,
im going to try using my house of colors black base and go with flat urathane clearcoat from PCL,,anyone have a nice satin finish system thats working well for them?

dragrcr50

Quote from: "jimcaf"have any of you guys used this stuff its always on Ebay,,Its a san diego based company,i ,iv used it twice and its come out kind of spotty it dosnt seem dry even and level out right for me anyway,,
im going to try using my house of colors black base and go with flat urathane clearcoat from PCL,,anyone have a nice satin finish system thats working well for them?

that flatz brand  is omni brand acry enamel with flattner already mixed and reduced.  to make it work better use a hardner with it .  I use ppg A E  and flatten with thier flatter agent 1 quart flatter to 1 gallon of paint and the regular mix of hardner with the normal amount of reducer as well... good luck
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
that flatz brand  is omni brand acry enamel with flattner already mixed and reduced.  to make it work better use a hardner with it .  I use ppg A E  and flatten with thier flatter agent 1 quart flatter to 1 gallon of paint and the regular mix of hardner with the normal amount of reducer as well... good luck

wow... 1 quart of flat agent to a gallon of paint , then hardener, then reducer.  You end up with about 1 & 3/4  gallon of sprayable paint  material?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jimcaf

I dont think its a PPG product,,this stuff comes with hardener and reducer 4;1;1,,heres a photo of the label,,,

dragrcr50

Quote from: "jimcaf"I dont think its a PPG product,,this stuff comes with hardener and reducer 4;1;1,,heres a photo of the label,,,
dunno man, when i pulled the label off of the one i bought it was an omni can underneath it all. of course it is already flattened then it is 4 to 1 to 1 , your right............  it worked ok for me but it is chaper to do the flatter agent yourself  in whatever color you want
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

jimcaf

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Quote from: "jimcaf"I dont think its a PPG product,,this stuff comes with hardener and reducer 4;1;1,,heres a photo of the label,,,
dunno man, when i pulled the label off of the one i bought it was an omni can underneath it all. of course it is already flattened then it is 4 to 1 to 1 , your right............  it worked ok for me but it is chaper to do the flatter agent yourself  in whatever color you want

Im going to give it the sniff test in the AM,,i have some Omni here and some of the Flatz left over,,if it dosnt smell alike im going to have my supplier mix me some omni with the flatener,,Your Car looks super,, spot on what im after,,thanks  jim