Weekend pics .. Ive been busy.

Started by Dave, February 16, 2008, 06:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

HERES SOME NEW PICS OF THE INTERIOR.. Humm caps ;pck again..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

Fuzzy

Really looks good,Dave );b(  );b( .Now that you've got one of their interiors done,would you consider using one again?It sounds like their customer service is good,and I think the interior looks great.
No billet for this kid!

Rayvyn

Sweet looking! Nice job!
If you decide to paint the car down the road, do the panels come off easy enough to avoid masking everything?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

kb426

Looks pretty good, Dave, I like the radius at the seat back area.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

That is looking great. Very nice setup. Do like those wheels with that combo.

UGLY OLDS

Nice work...Like Bryan said..Will it come apart easily for paint & reassemble ???  That seat does fit neat in those cars..... 8)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Ok 1st question .
Yes id do another one with their stuff but id get the panel material less the piping between the smooth and the pleated sections..

2nd question..
Yup not only will everything come out easy its not all screwed in as of yet. maybe ill get some of that done today if not there is next week..

final observations..
Look close at the pic looking at the side panels. see the low spots or bumps in the vinyl :?: .. Some panels have more than others and i cant seem to get rid of them.. Most people dont even notice em cause the interior is so bright but i see em  :!: Hopefully some time and real hot sun will shrink it some. When they send the panel material it actually has a foam backing on the smooth section and its not glued or affixed in any way to the vinyl so how the hell can you glue it in place and have the vinyl stay  :?:  I removed that foam and added 1/2 foam to the panels in that area. Also if you look straight down the seat back the seat cover doesnt appear to be straight for some reason.. Beats me this is my first vinyl job.
I like it ill live with it..

Next is the panel i made to cover the firewall it needs carpet then the trunk while im doing other little things that still need to be done..  Oh ya i need a shifter boot too.. I am ready for a ride though..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

dragrcr50

ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

UGLY OLDS

Quotedave, do they have RED?

RED was on back order...Dave marked the box next to "RAY-ED"...Figured it would be the same ..... :idea:  :?  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Uncle Bob

I especially like what you did with the back panel.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.