This is too much work.. Ezboy interior update..

Started by Dave, February 06, 2008, 06:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Looks good Dave. Question, the back of the seat seems to rest in a exact fit recess area in the behind the seat panel. Was this part of your doing, as the side panels seem to flow perfectly into the top part. Or asking another way, what's the story with the fitment around the seat back?

Exact fit I wish frank.. I didnt quite nail it but it will work.. My rear bulkhead is about 3 or 4 inches behind the rear opening of the body. Not liking being cramped while driving from minimal leg room I cut the rear panel out so the back portion of the seat sets under the rear portion of the body. When sitting in the car you dont come even near close to hitting that part with your shoulders so it worked out well. I cut the panel out about 6 inches up from the floor and just above the seat back and a little wider than the back of the seat. If i did it again i could have made the opening higher up from the floor as only the upper part of the seat back enters into the opening..  I cut this with the old covers on the seat and things change so thats why the opening isnt exact as id like it . Now heres another thought. Since i messed up a panel of material but the pleated section is still good to just above the horizontal bead do i A use this to cover the insulation on the bulkhead behind the seat or go with the red carpet back there??? Or B use that material up under the dash for the firewall cover im making instead of carpet there..??? Here i go again decisions decisions..
Ill look at the possibilities more this evening..
Dave
:wink:  :arrow:

kb426

TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"What did you do about the hog rings?

I (just cause it was free and i could run it thru the band saw here at work) attached some oak to the frame and stapled the covers to that The back side of the back cover attaches to the bottom of the seat frame over top of the bottom cover so there is no gap between the top and bottom seat cushion in the rear . I dont plan on seat belts so its no biggie and if i ever do ill just cut a hole in the cover for each center belt! You wont be able to see it anyway..  I thought i had posted some earlier pics of the wood I attached to the frame work. i just deleted a bunch from my puker last night but i still have em on the camera card if you would like to see them. I can post them tonite.
I cut the strips about 3/4 thick and one spot i used sheet metal screws to hold the strip and in the other spots i had to drill and tap as the metal was double wall and didnt like the sheet metal screws. I also used fairly short screws and counter bored the holes with a bigger drill bit so the screw heads were recessed in the strips . I did use a few hog rings under the seat kinda like the factory did
Dave

slocrow

Well, ya did a good job anyway, regardless. I'd run the red carpet all the way up. Sort of a continuing theme. Maybe waterproof the backing and velcroing it to the bottom and or sides. That way I could get behind it easily to a pocket or two for stuff.
As for the extra pleats, what about the tranny hump area with a design cut & stitched in place. You know, like a number 32 or a piston & rod assembly, even Lady Luck or that girl that use to ride the camshaft. Was it Isky?
Anyway, that's my rambling thoughts............................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

kb426

This is a little off topic. One of my friends had a Wescott 32 roadster in the mid 90s. He knew from our previous trips in his 29 roadster pickup that he would get caught in the rain. He had the normal street rod interiors up to that point. He did his seat in Mercedes convertible top material and rubber floor mats. We had a ball in that car. We got caught in the rain and laughed like fools. It wouldn't be right for every car but for a real driver, it was great.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Bill heres a pic of the wood i put on the frame but i didnt get a finished pic but you can see the idea behind it. I added wood on the sides of the bottom and on the back near the bottom where needed too.. The seat was a lot easier than the panels once i got it figured out.
Dave

Bugpac

So when you going to tell them your neighbor is an upholsterer, and you just hang out there nagging him to get * done, lol....Or was that a secret?  :lol:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

I ordered my red carpet tonite.. I used the superflex they call it on the coupe and its nice stuff and you can manuver it to fit just about anything but the price ranges from 17.50 to over 20.00 a yard.. Well i found it for 13.99 a yard with decent fedx shipping and i prolly got too much but i dont want to run short.  Anyway heres a link for upholstery supply's for ya..
http://trimstore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TS&Category_Code=LOOPC
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

1-800-collect, can you hear me now,    gooooood.... :D

Bugpac

Just picking on ya dave, done get mad at me and call me an asshat.....lol :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"Just picking on ya dave, done get mad at me and call me an asshat.....lol :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Naw your a butt munch
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Bugpac"Just picking on ya dave, done get mad at me and call me an asshat.....lol :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Don't worry about him. His bark is worse than his bite and he still falls off the couch while trying to lick himself...And you don't want to be near when he coughs up the hairballs...It sounds like a whooping crane on Helium... :shock:  :oops:  :P

I got $20.00 that says he doesn't have the nads to get a license plate for that 32 that says   ....TMSMRT....
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Bugpac

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"Its available....

Good one.. Id have looked today just for kicks too..
Tony thats why you build transmissions and dont do interior decorating.. Wait till the exterior final oxford gray is on (although everyone else thinks it looks good in primer.  :lol:  Then it will really look good. Im not a red guy either but in this application it just works...
Dave :wink:  :arrow: