Update

Started by DRD57, January 22, 2008, 01:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

I haven't been around too much lately. Things have been pretty nuts around here.  My job got eliminated due to corporate downsizing so, as of the end of the month I'll be hitting the bricks looking for a new gig.

I just updated my web site with the first event I attended in '08 and I finally have CD's available for '06 and '07 events.

I'll see you at the roadster show this week if you're there. I'll have my coupe in the Suede Palace.

river1

Quote from: "DRD57"I haven't been around too much lately. Things have been pretty nuts around here.  My job got eliminated due to corporate downsizing so, as of the end of the month I'll be hitting the bricks looking for a new gig.

man that sucks :x  but you're a pretty resourceful guy you'll score a new gig soon

Quote from: "DRD57"I just updated my web site with the first event I attended in '08 and I finally have CD's available for '06 and '07 events.

already checked out the new pics they're your normal great job

Quote from: "DRD57"I'll see you at the roadster show this week if you're there. I'll have my coupe in the Suede Palace.

i need to make it out to that some day, have fun!!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Sorry to hear about your job Don. Hope things look up soon.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Good to hear from you Don.   :D

Sorry about the job situation. :(     A lot of times things turn out for the better when the dust settles....even tho it probably doesn't seem like it right now.

Nice pics.  I see you put the best car up first. 8)

Sure wish I was headed for the Roadster Show.  It's supposed to get down to 0 degrees tonight.
George

kb426

Sorry for the job loss. Wish I was going to be there too. I haven't been since the 50th annv. show. Hope you have a great time.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Sorry to hear about the job, Don.  I remember you having some encouraging words when my job was eliminated and you were absolutely right.  Now I'm in the best job I've ever had and short of winning the lotto don't intend to ever leave.  Keep the spirits up and don't look back, it'll all turn out.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

58Apache

I always loved the saying: "When life deals you lemons, make lemon aid!".

I was dealt a similar situation, used Gov't retraining funds from MY tax money to change career fields to find my dream job. My dream job has also dealt me lemons at times, and I had to pick my family up and move away from family and friends, but it was the right move to make.

Use it as an opportunity. Just mitigate the risk as much as you can and make sure it's the best move you can make. You're already in a place of opportunity and where dreams are made if you work hard enough. Find your talent, take advantage and make your best move.

Good luck!
                                                        Steve

Okiedokie

For sharp guys like you that next job always turns out to be a better deal. Don't expect any less. Hope it shows up soon for you. Joe

Skip

That sucks.  Carps sent me an e-mail last week dropping that bomb on me.

Hope you have better luck finding gainful employment than I did.  One thing you have going for you is the fact that you're a bit younger than I was and your field isn't as specialized as mine was.
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

Skip

Hey, where'd this "user's age 38" thing come from.  I WISH I was 38.  That was 25 years ago
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting

enjenjo

Quote from: "Skip"Hey, where'd this "user's age 38" thing come from.  I WISH I was 38.  That was 25 years ago

We went through a "transparent" update a while back that screwed up all the birth dates. You can correct it on your profile, or not if you like it. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteWe went through a "transparent" update a while back that screwed up all the birth dates. You can correct it on your profile, or not if you like it. :lol:
[/quote]

Darn  :!:  THAT'S why I feel so old...  :?  :?  I better fix that pronto   :shock:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****