Mid week progress

Started by kb426, January 31, 2008, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Even though Dave told me I have to have pics, I don't. All this talk about the weather is depressing. I've been driving the 32 in 39 degree weather with no windows. The Vintage air unit is heating my feet real well. :lol:  Not doing much for the upper body, though. Today the glass man called and said the door glasses were ready, If I don't screw up, I'll have all the glass in this weekend. Dave, I could take a pic of the 2 side glasses laying on the floor but I don't think you'd be impressed. It was 11 this morning but got up in the upper 30"s this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be upper 40"s. Whoo Hoo.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Did you get in on the little "blizzard" that blew thru :?:

they issued a Brass Monkey warning here this morning :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

kb426

It went east of me. Cold and clear all day. My wife is in Wichita. She called at lunch and was surprised to find we missed it.
TEAM SMART

Dave

You did better than me Bill.. everything ive tried to do this week turned to crap..    Bought glue for the interior,,,, stuff that sucks. Ill order my 3m 90 tomorrow .. Its pricey but the * stuff is good.. My new seat cover for the bottom went out today instead of monday so thats on hold . Tomorrow i have to remove foam and glue from the panel behind the seat and then next week ill start over.. maybe i need a break..  I like to have a plan of attack on things and the interior in the next thing on the list. Im hoping to get it finished then im gonna go to the harley shop and inquire about the parts still owed for my bike. I just wanna be free for this cause im gonna call em out and give em a week to produce the parts . No parts im looking at retaining legal help . This has gone on too long and i was fair they have been paid since last year.. I like to be able to concentrate on one thing at a time.. No I can do more than one but this (the car and bike deal) both have to be done right..  
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

Dave, what kind of answers have you been getting about the bike parts?
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"Dave, what kind of answers have you been getting about the bike parts?

Well Bill since last september they keep telling me they are on back order. No way... I really dont know whats going on but i think they are bsing me at this point. I was down there right after xmas and they said the parts should be in next week and i havent heard a word..  last I knew the only thing they had was the new tank and they screwed up that deal too. They had a kid working on the bike and he dropped the center of the tank on the new tank taking a big chip outta it ao they had to buy another.. I just want it done. I trusted these guys and one of the owners is the guy that got me into ham radio but at this point i think ive been screwed. They ordered a new radio for my bike too and i think the old one is still in it  .. In fact id bet on it. The other deal was when they ordered all the new stuff the painted stuff came in for an ultra instead of a classic. I decided to go with it and sooner or later im gonna repaint it anyway and this way i got the fancier trunk with more lights and stuff. Oh ya I asked about the old tour pack cause rob and deb were looking for one for their new harley and the guy told me that he had a pile of will calls for the old stuff and it was going to the insurance company.. Funny it was sitting on the top shelf last time i was there.. i guess they think im blind :?: ..
Sue says I have a problem as I hold it all in and let people step on me then i come unglued. :P  id like to think im grown outta that but im not afraid to sue that bastards at this point.. The only good thing is the bike is in my garage and it is ridable although it has a backrest pad with a hole and a bent heat shield and a chipped tank etc etc. Oh ya the thing had 3000 miles on it when we crashed and they let the thing sit outside in a gravel lot for 3 months and it only took me 2 weeks to get it semi clean and i finally finished it in october . They didnt even take the time to wipe the 2 inches of dust off the frame before they installed the tank..  Oh well enuff rambling  :lol:  :lol: 40 minute ride to work this morning and its gonna snow all day  :)
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

Dave, you've been patient long enough. It sounds like it will be the end of a friendship and that's always bad. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but if someone tells me he's going to do something, I never forget. When you have to say "you said" and they say you're wrong, that's when I'm done and moving on. Getting your money back won't be easy. Sorry for the mess.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"Dave, you've been patient long enough. It sounds like it will be the end of a friendship and that's always bad. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but if someone tells me he's going to do something, I never forget. When you have to say "you said" and they say you're wrong, that's when I'm done and moving on. Getting your money back won't be easy. Sorry for the mess.

Thats why ive been waiting till i get the interior done on the roadster .. Im prolly gonna have to devote some time to the bike deal so first things first. Man 3m 90 glue has sure gone up in price.. I dont have a spray gun for glue and with the abs panels ive always used the high strength 90 with excellent results.. I did find some on the bay at 13.88 a can . I think i used to pay 11 or 12 bucks thru mc master carr and also at menards but mc master wants 17+ a can now  :!: .. I tried some loctite crap and its junk..  menards had one can of 90 when i was there last week so im going back tonite and if its still there its mine... I can at least get a bit of a new start with one can  :lol:
Dave

BFS57

Hello;
Your situation reminds me of a little old lady on Dr. Phil Last Nite. She got the run around from Comcast long enough. She had requested to talk to a manager but no way. She came home (mind you, she is 87) and went to the basement, got a hammer and told her husband, 'were going for a ride!" She then proceeded to go to the local Comcast office where she asked for the manage again. When no manager was called, she proceeded to SMASH THE WY out of the recptionists computer saying, " If mine don't work, yours won't work!", Next, She took the hammer and proceeded to destroy the same person phone making the same statement! At this point, the audience in the studio gave her a standing ovation!
I think it's time for "THE HAMMER!"

Bruce