Fair warning to the East

Started by jaybee, January 24, 2008, 05:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

It was -14 here this morning.  Hey, nothing against you guys but I'm not keeping it here.  It's headed your way.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat46

Thanks for the warning... :(   At least they'll be racing sleds and bikes and stuff on the river soon......been too warm so far this year to keep things frooze up.

EMSjunkie

I just got off the phone with a Buddy of mine in Waterloo IA.
he said it was -26* there this morning.

thats just crazy :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Bugpac

Quote from: "phat46"Thanks for the warning... :(   At least they'll be racing sleds and bikes and stuff on the river soon......been too warm so far this year to keep things frooze up.

don't hold your breath, looking at 40 and rain Monday, and low 50s next week...I'm not to sure the ice will ever be thick enuff...If it is will be for a very short time...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Grandadeo

When did they start making thermometers that go below zero?

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

jaybee

At our house we have a way of determining when it's REALLY cold.  We live near the airport and although we aren't under the flight path we do hear the planes.  Somewhere between +5 & -5 depending on other weather conditions the jet engines take on a thin whistle instead of a roar.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat rat

Quote from: "Grandadeo"When did they start making thermometers that go below zero?

Lee

They are only sold where it gets below 45  :lol: as they know people in the warmer climes would think it was cold and they would freeze to death if they saw it below that number :P
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

chimp koose

jeez, up here we dont need a thermometer that goes ABOVE zero for three or four months of the year!Do you know that around minus 60 you can throw a cup of boiling water in the air and none of it will hit the ground.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Grandadeo"When did they start making thermometers that go below zero?

Lee

Ya gotta trust the weatherman (or, weatherwoman). :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Quote from: "Bugpac"
Quote from: "phat46"Thanks for the warning... :(   At least they'll be racing sleds and bikes and stuff on the river soon......been too warm so far this year to keep things frooze up.

don't hold your breath, looking at 40 and rain Monday, and low 50s next week...I'm not to sure the ice will ever be thick enuff...If it is will be for a very short time...

I hope they get the national qualifier in this weekend. It's up north a ways so they might have enough ice, they had to cancel last weekend for lack of ice i heard.