need trans

Started by Bugpac, January 16, 2008, 07:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

need a 350 turbo trans or 700 r4 with tail shaft, just a case would be fine with me, for mockup purposes...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat46

Dang, I was hoping you needed a 'Glide, I've had one sitting in the shop for years... :roll:

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Bugpac"need a 350 turbo trans or 700 r4 with tail shaft, just a case would be fine with me, for mockup purposes...

I keep some for my own use in the back room at the shop.  I got two of them from a friend who has a transmission shop.  They end up with some cases that are not rebuildable and they will either give them to you or sell them for the price of scrap.  I bet you have a transmission shop near you.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

wayne petty

Quote from: "Bugpac"need a 350 turbo trans or 700 r4 with tail shaft, just a case would be fine with me, for mockup purposes...

contact a local tranny shop....see if they have any with bad cases.. before they get recycled...  

there was someone selling a plastic mock up on cl out here last week but i bet it is gone...  i wonder if it was ill gotten gain.. where somebody grabbed a display out of a store and took the parts off of it...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "phat46"Dang, I was hoping you needed a 'Glide, I've had one sitting in the shop for years... :roll:

If its in your way.............. :D

I have a home for orphaned 'glides.
they like the warm climate here 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

tomslik

Quote from: "wayne petty"

contact a local tranny shop....see if they have any with bad cases.. before they get recycled...  

there was someone selling a plastic mock up on cl out here last week but i bet it is gone...  i wonder if it was ill gotten gain.. where somebody grabbed a display out of a store and took the parts off of it...

prolly a p-ayr mock-up thingy......
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Bugpac

Quote from: "wayne petty"

were at cl? maybe i am brain dead here lol...

Bugpac

duh, craigs list i am slow, lol

Deuce

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I got two of them from a friend who has a transmission shop.  They end up with some cases that are not rebuildable and they will either give them to you or sell them for the price of scrap.  I bet you have a transmission shop near you.

John

Around here the going price is 25 dollars for a bad case ... scrap is at a high price ...
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

348tripower

I have one that is a Chevy and BOP bell housing.  PM me if you are interested. I'm in Dexter.
Don
Don Colliau