Another rod in the family

Started by nzsimon, January 07, 2008, 01:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

My Father in law has finally finished his 34 coupe after a 10 year build it was the highlight of my summer holiday down to the South

here are some pics scratch build just about everything the chassis most of the body even the grille painstakenly made each bar and tigged it in

word is he is looking to sell it and start a new one now so he may put a card in the window at the show in rangiora
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

donsrods

Great looking little coupe for sure.  One thing I don't understand though is why spend 10 years on it and then sell it?   Couldn't be for any profit because after 10 years he didn't even pay himself 10 cents an hour.  :?

It just always amazes me how many cars at a show are for sale........I build mine to keep.  :D  :D

Don

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

Don , my car will be for sale as soon as it is finished . The reason being that I have a list of cars that I would like to build and the finances to build only one. I enjoy spending time building ,each time trying to do more than the last car.It's not a matter of making money for your time as much as it is having an enjoyable hobby that pays for itself. Having said that, I know that when I get to building my model T ,I will keep it,and that the only car I regret selling was my first car.

EMSjunkie

Gotta love them '34's :D  :D  8)

nice ride

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

bucketmouth

Very nice coupe. I like the way he has the m/cyl and water bottle in the cowl like that. What sort of rims are they.
Yeah I find it hard to understand how someone can sell a car they built. One of my buddies has probably built 10 rods and he's sold them all just to build another one. In fact his 34 coupe is going through final assembly now and he's just bought his next project.
But in my own experience I like doing chassis work and such but I hate doing maintenance on finished cars.
I suppose everyone sees it differently.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

classicautoresto

Very nice ride!!!!! Love to see and love to do the work on these cars. Have not had the chance to do one this old but look forward to it. Jerry

enjenjo

Nice car. your family goes for hi teck don't they. :D  

Since I build cars for other people, I have no problem seeing them go down the road. But there have been a few I would like to keep.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pep

Very nice....Looks like he extended the nose a bit. Stock firewall and all the leg room he needs....great to see someone else thinking outside the quare.
See Ya
Pep