Barrett Jackson 2008 - Tuesday night

Started by msuguydon, January 16, 2008, 08:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

I look forward to B-J every year.  I learn some things and get to watch some interesting cars change hands.

I especially enjoy the first couple of nights of coverage as the prices and the cars seem in line with what the average collector owns, drives and buys.

I was soooooooooooooooooo bored with all the Monster Garage Junk that they tried to sell last night.  I ended up watching the basketball game and then switching back when they started selling cars again.

I was really disappointed that they choose to show an hour of that stuff.  One or two of those things mixed in with other cars is interesting and gives everyone a little break, but one after another for an hour?

Bad choice by B-J and Speed TV.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"I look forward to B-J every year.  I learn some things and get to watch some interesting cars change hands.

I especially enjoy the first couple of nights of coverage as the prices and the cars seem in line with what the average collector owns, drives and buys.

I was soooooooooooooooooo bored with all the Monster Garage Junk that they tried to sell last night.  I ended up watching the basketball game and then switching back when they started selling cars again.

I was really disappointed that they choose to show an hour of that stuff.  One or two of those things mixed in with other cars is interesting and gives everyone a little break, but one after another for an hour?

Bad choice by B-J and Speed TV.

Yup it was kinda boring.. Ill watch some of it again tonite and thursday but i see the coverage starts at 2pm on friday and saturday? What about us that work and no i really dont need to figure out all my cables so i can tape it .. I do need to sort all that junk out one of these days but the could just show it late  so we all can see it ..
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "msuguydon"

I completely agree, some of those prices were down right inexpensive for the quality.  You couldn't build some of those cars for the what they went for.  I especially loved that blue Caddy convert.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"............. some of those prices were down right inexpensive for the quality.  You couldn't build some of those cars for the what they went for.....

I think that 90% of the time that is true BG or just out in the real world.  How many people are ever going to get back what they have in a car??

If you are going to even have a chance at actually building a car and making something on it you had better be building it for someone else who is paying "you" by the hour.

You going to speed week this year Denise  :D ?  I never did get to thank you for the great coverage of your trip last year.  How you remember everyone's names is beyond me.

c ya,

Sum

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"............. some of those prices were down right inexpensive for the quality.  You couldn't build some of those cars for the what they went for.....

I think that 90% of the time that is true BG or just out in the real world.  How many people are ever going to get back what they have in a car??

If you are going to even have a chance at actually building a car and making something on it you had better be building it for someone else who is paying "you" by the hour.

You going to speed week this year Denise  :D ?

Sum

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "1FATGMC"

You going to speed week this year Denise  :D ?  I never did get to thank you for the great coverage of your trip last year.  How you remember everyone's names is beyond me.

c ya,

Sum

Yes sweetie, Megan and I will both be there BUT because of the timing of the start we are going to make a bozi run straight there and from Wendover we will head straight to Joplin MO for the HAMB Drags.

I will be driving Big Olds there, not sure what Megan is driving, maybe riding with me, that would be cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the crew there.  Of course we'll do whatever we can to help out around the pits again this year.

I'm glad you enjoyed the coverage from last year.  I'll be doing the same kinda coverage for all the events I'll hit again this year and since I've just earned 3 weeks of paid vacation at work I'm able to hit a few more of the out of town venues. 8)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

c ya,

Sum

Yes sweetie, Megan and I will both be there BUT because of the timing of the start we are going to make a bozi run straight there and from Wendover we will head straight to Joplin MO for the HAMB Drags.

. 8)

You coming thru here??
maybe the Mrs. and I can follow y'all this year

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

c ya,

Sum

. 8)

You coming thru here??

Vance

yes, probably on our way from UT to MO we will hit the norther part of TX across I40 right?  Love to have you join us.  Will you be attending the HAMB Drags then?

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

c ya,

Sum

. 8)

You coming thru here??

Vance

yes, probably on our way from UT to MO we will hit the norther part of TX across I40 right?  Love to have you join us.  Will you be attending the HAMB Drags then?

Yes Ma'am, I-40 runs right thru here.
I had a blast last year at the HAMB drags, I'd like to go back this year.
if'n I can't talk the Mrs into going, maybe she'll let me go stag :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Fuzzy

I don't know how you do it,Denise.I get four weeks vacation,but I can't get to a quarter of the events you go to.Must be the dedication. :b-d:
    Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

enjenjo

I don't have Speed channel this year, so I cant watch it. I have been to a couple auctions at the Imperial  Palace, same crowd. The older guys, and their "nieces".Lots of money changes hands there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.