Engines and Trannys

Started by teal32, January 10, 2008, 07:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teal32

Lookin' for the best places to pick-up crate engines and Trannys. Or, would I be better off buying used (ebay etc) and rebuilding? I've looked at Jegs, Summit and many other places like that. There must be some places that don't do allot of advertising that have great deals. I want to replace my 454 and TH350 with something that will get better gas mileage. I get about 15 now, but with the price of gas, I think now is the time to "upgrade". I am not a great mechanic, so would probably have to get allot of help. What ya'll can do in a few days would take me a few weeks. That's why I need to get started now, so I can be finished by cruisin' weather. Thanks for any/all answers.

Bob
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

Dave

Quote from: "teal32"Lookin' for the best places to pick-up crate engines and Trannys. Or, would I be better off buying used (ebay etc) and rebuilding? I've looked at Jegs, Summit and many other places like that. There must be some places that don't do allot of advertising that have great deals. I want to replace my 454 and TH350 with something that will get better gas mileage. I get about 15 now, but with the price of gas, I think now is the time to "upgrade". I am not a great mechanic, so would probably have to get allot of help. What ya'll can do in a few days would take me a few weeks. That's why I need to get started now, so I can be finished by cruisin' weather. Thanks for any/all answers.

Bob

Pace pontiac near cleaveland is where ive got 2 crate engines .. Good pricing and next day delivery  :?:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

UGLY OLDS

We also got one from Pace a few years back for a friend's car... The 350/ 330 horse "complete" engine & a 700R4 trans made a nice combination in his car...nice power & good mileage......

Just be sure to have it delivered to a facility with a loading dock..(Your company or whatever),LOTS cheaper shipping....
Bob..
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****