1/8" ABS Plastic for Door panels

Started by Learpilot, January 02, 2008, 03:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

Where can I find some 1/8" ABS plastic flat panels to make some new door panels  ? I have Rod doors now, but I don't need the door pull that is built into them. It takes  away to much width. I just want flat panels.
Thanks in advance !!!
Rick Harris.

Dave

Quote from: "Learpilot"Where can I find some 1/8" ABS plastic flat panels to make some new door panels  ? I have Rod doors now, but I don't need the door pull that is built into them. It takes  away to much width. I just want flat panels.
Thanks in advance !!!
Rick Harris.

I dont know if you have possibly an alro metals and alro plastics in your state or near you but thats where i got mine. I Have some of the abs in the shed but i dont remember how much i Have. I prolly wont make it to the shed tonite but you might pm me your dimensions and i can look and see what i have.. Any good plastic outlet should have the black abs.. Use me as a last resort :lol: Also if you have any extra from other panels the door pull can be cut out and a flat piece glued in..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

moose

Also check if you have a sign supply in your area. They should carry a product called Cintra. I bought a 4X8 sheet fro less than $40

Tim

chopped

I used a cheap tub surround from Lowe's. Came with four flat panels.

kb426

Moose, are you sure about he spelling? I googled it and came up with unrelated items.
TEAM SMART

moose

OOPS that was supposed to be Sintra......

Tim

p.s. does that qualify me for team smart???

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Quote from: "Learpilot"Where can I find some 1/8" ABS plastic flat panels to make some new door panels  ? I have Rod doors now, but I don't need the door pull that is built into them. It takes  away to much width. I just want flat panels.  
Thanks in advance !!!  
Rick Harris.

I used abs on 3 cars. I finally switched to FRP (fiber glass reinforced panel) available at Lowes, Menards, Home Depot. It is usually in the bath panelling department. So much easier to work with and easier to contour. Even though you only have flat panels it will be easier to cut and lower in price.  
Don
Don Colliau

Learpilot

Quote from: "348tripower"
Thanks in advance !!!    
Rick Harris.

I used abs on 3 cars. I finally switched to FRP (fiber glass reinforced panel) available at Lowes, Menards, Home Depot. It is usually in the bath panelling department. So much easier to work with and easier to contour. Even though you only have flat panels it will be easier to cut and lower in price.    
Don
THANK YOU ALL !!!  This is some great info. I am going on my search today.
I have one other question, What is the best glue to use for door panels ?
THANKS Again , Rick Harris

Learpilot

Quote from: "Learpilot"
Quote from: "348tripower"
Thanks in advance !!!    
Rick Harris.

Don
THANK YOU ALL !!!  This is some great info. I am going on my search today.
I have one other question, What is the best glue to use for door panels ?
THANKS Again , Rick Harris
I found at Lowes Sequentia fiberglass Reinforcer Wall Panel item #8566 model: 77096 4' X 8' sheet for $29.97.
Rick Harris

chopped

Check the 3-M products, they will be marked as to what they work on. Different for vinyl and cloth. You can get them at any auto parts place.

31suv

Another option, that I used is on my 31 is Black Waterproof Panel Board from Keyston Bros.( automotive upholstry supply).Item#PB7XL. A 39x65 sheet was $12. You can glue some vinyl on it or put foam on it and engrave your own design in it and cover with vinyl or leather .It worked for me.That's what make's it fun is doing it the way you want to do it.

Have Fun
East Texas,the right side of Texas

enjenjo

QuoteWhat is the best glue to use for door panels ?

I use Keyston trim adhesive, with a cheap Harbor Freight spray gun to spray it. You can get 5 gallons of Keyston adhesive for the price of 4 3M spray cans.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.