Internet question

Started by jaybee, December 25, 2007, 03:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

I don't see much utility in the $26/mo we pay for MSN service for our Qwest DSL line.  I'd like to drop the MSN and switch to something else, preferably free like Gmail.  I'm a little fuzzy on ISP requirements for a DSL line and I'd like to be a little educated before contacting Qwest for a service change.  Can someone school me a little on this?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Dave

Quote from: "jaybee"I don't see much utility in the $26/mo we pay for MSN service for our Qwest DSL line.  I'd like to drop the MSN and switch to something else, preferably free like Gmail.  I'm a little fuzzy on ISP requirements for a DSL line and I'd like to be a little educated before contacting Qwest for a service change.  Can someone school me a little on this?

Sounds to me like your getting off cheap as it is.. I pay over 40 bux a month for cable internet. We dont have dsl here.. As far as i know as long as you cAN GET dsl there are a number of providers out there that can sell it to you cause its over the phone lines so its not regulated like it used to be.. I guess i dont understand the Qwest and paying for msn. Doesnt qwest offer its own  dsl .. They are your Land line provider correct?.. I have att here but the crap lines in the hood here dont support dsl and really dont work for crap with dialup so.. Big money for me..
Dave

Bugpac

If you have dsl, you dont need any other service, you just acces the internet with internet explorer or firefox...It is a complete waiste when people pay for dsl cable and add isp to that...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Charlie Chops 1940

I've used Firefox as a browser for about 3 years and like it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bugpac

I use firefox to now, have for about 1 yr, Ill never revert to Explorer...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

58 Yeoman

I have Verizon dsl, and I think you have to be so close to a hub, or something to be able to get it.  Whatever it is, if you're too far, you can't get it.  They give me msn free, but I don't use it, just IE6.  I've tried Firefox, but some sites come in all garbled, or don't show everything, so I've stuck with IE.  BTW, I'm paying around $33/month for it.  I'm seriously thinking of going back to cable for around $40/month.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

ragdol

I have AT&T DSL. Regular price is $14.95/mo., but when I signed up they had a deal going. I got it for $10/mo. for a year. No problems so far. Sure beats dial-up. Larry.