Parts Help - 1962 Ford Fairlane

Started by msuguydon, December 04, 2007, 12:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Trying to help a friend, he has a  1962 Fairlane, 4-Door that he is trying to restore, it was his Dad's car and he wants to get it back to original.  He had an under hood fire that caused some damage.  He needs to replace the wire harness.  I told him use simply painless, he does not want to go that route, wants an original or repop.

I am a GM guy, what vendors, sources might have something along this line?

Thanks
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

enjenjo

He Might try Mac's. They don't list his car online, but they might be able to help him.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Try this ....It is all NOS Ford parts ...Been in buis forever in OKC....If it's not listed ...Call them....New stuff arrives daily.....

http://www.classicautoparts.com/
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

tom36

junkyardjeff

There is a junkyard near Bryant Indiana that has a 62 fairlane and meteor in it,Bryant is about 50 or so miles north of Richmond on RT 27 and the junkyard is on RT 18 a couple miles west of Bryant.

msuguydon

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"There is a junkyard near Bryant Indiana that has a 62 fairlane and meteor in it,Bryant is about 50 or so miles north of Richmond on RT 27 and the junkyard is on RT 18 a couple miles west of Bryant.

Would you know the name of the junkyard?
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

junkyardjeff

I think its houghs salvage and I dont have a phone number but it was only a couple months ago I was in there,the fairlane is a V8 car and I dont know about the meteor.  I think there is some 63 and 64 fairlanes in there too.

junkyardjeff

I forgot to mention that on your way to this yard is another yard with old cars,its on RT 36 that is due north of Richmond about 10 miles west of the 36 and 27 intersection in a very small town called Modoc.