next build day

Started by enjenjo, May 19, 2004, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Since It's getting to be the time of year when it's hard to get a large group together, I am thinking maybe two mini build days. Any suggestions for dates? saturday or sunday either one works for me, depending on the date.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Does this weekend work?  There's still a fair amount of work to do and the weekend after is Memorial Day.  The weather is supposed to be thunderstorms and temps in the 80's.  I can show up on either or both days.  

This time I'll bring my glasses in case we need the holes drilled in a straight line. :roll:
George

GPster

Quote from: "purplepickup"Does this weekend work?  There's still a fair amount of work to do and the weekend after is Memorial Day.  The weather is supposed to be thunderstorms and temps in the 80's.  I can show up on either or both days.  

This time I'll bring my glasses in case we need the holes drilled in a straight line. :roll:
Are you sure there won't be any muchrooms out?. Just a little note: all my holes wouldn't have been in a straight line if Frank hadn't reminded me to nail down both ends of the templatebefore drilling the holes in the center. I knew exactly what he was talking about because I've gone off the line like that before. I wonder how he knew? I can understand how Frank would have known being the "old timer" that he is but if good sense comes with age how come I knew it before you?

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"Does this weekend work?  There's still a fair amount of work to do and the weekend after is Memorial Day.  The weather is supposed to be thunderstorms and temps in the 80's.  I can show up on either or both days.  

It works for me, but some of the others will be busy. If we can get two or three for either day we'll go with it.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"

It works for me, but some of the others will be busy. If we can get two or three for either day we'll go with it.

Im going to be busy till after the holiday I got the grand daughter comming this weekend.. George if your going maybe you could swing by here and pick up the stainless I bent. It would save Frank a trip to meet me sunday . I can give you directions from here to get to his place its easy
Dave

KustomLincolnLady

Rob and I can't do this Sat, having a much needed garage sale fri/sat. And  sunday were busy. We can do memorial day sat or sun. or the following weekend. but we'd have to get there late on sat the 5th. we couldn't get there much before 1 your time :(

not availabe june 12 (wedding) or June 26th

I'm sure will would be able to make one of the two build days.  I'll let you know which one when dates are picked.
Debb

purplepickup

Quote from: "N8DC"George if your going maybe you could swing by here and pick up the stainless I bent. It would save Frank a trip to meet me sunday . I can give you directions from here to get to his place its easy
Dave

I'll probably go.  I'm gonna call Frank when he gets off work at midnight to make sure.  Will you be around your place at 9am?
George

purplepickup

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "N8DC"George if your going maybe you could swing by here and pick up the stainless I bent. It would save Frank a trip to meet me sunday . I can give you directions from here to get to his place its easy
Dave

I'll probably go.  I'm gonna call Frank when he gets off work at midnight to make sure.  Will you be around your place at 9am?

Dave, I tried to call you and the number I've got (ends with 040) doesn't work.  We got our butts kicked real hard last night by tornadoes and storms and maybe you line is out.   If I got the wrong number, PM or email me the right one.  

Anyway, I'm not going to Franks til Sunday morning and I can stop by and pick up the stainless on my way if you're going to be around.
George

Dave

Dave, I tried to call you and the number I've got (ends with 040) doesn't work.  We got our butts kicked real hard last night by tornadoes and storms and maybe you line is out.   If I got the wrong number, PM or email me the right one.  

Anyway, I'm not going to Franks til Sunday morning and I can stop by and pick up the stainless on my way if you're going to be around.
[/quote]

Well the phone was out after the other storms on Friday nite and so was cable so I couldnt get on the internet.
If anyone wants to know George did stop by and picked up the parts for the BBQ. Hopefully they will work ok.
Im off to Ft Wayne in a bit to take the grandaughter back. I see were under a tornado watch again also.. Its raining cats and dogs here again and I just washed Sues car and my truck while I was waiting for them to get ready for the road trip.. Anyone else sick of rain ?
What fun..............
Dave

enjenjo

Yes I'm sick of rain :roll:  The stainless worked fine, but we are only going to use the two longer pieces. You see, after we looked at it in three dimensions, the ends could be much simpler, and by making the top side of the ends a bit longer, we were able to eliminate the top we already had from last week. But no waste, the top from last week will be cut into two peices, to make the new ends, so Franks polish job will show better. Thanks for bending the parts so quickly, Dave!!!

I received the caps from C9, in two days! we are trying to make them fit our wheels with an adapter.

We got the rest of the doors made today, and mounted them, insulation installed in all but the grille area, and about 1/2 of the interior partions and liner made and installed. The body is now complete!

Yet to be done, Finish the grille, lid for the tank compartment, various latches and handles, wiring, weather sealing, fenders, safety chains, and painting a few small parts.

This mini build day worked out good, I am willing to do it again if someone is interested.

I don't know if it will make Indy, but it will be done soon.