Installing control arm bushings

Started by 48builder, November 14, 2007, 12:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I always use a large sockets and a big hammer to install A arm bushings,I usually install them before painting since its dione on the garagr floor.  Jeff

48builder

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I always use a large sockets and a big hammer to install A arm bushings,I usually install them before painting since its dione on the garagr floor.  Jeff

I may do just that. I got a loaner ball-joint press from Advance Auto Parts. Worked great on the Ball joints and lower arm bushings. The problem is how to get the second upper arm bushing in after you put the shaft in. I may end up buying one of the HF presses and cut it up like enjenjo did.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Jbird

Probably a worthwhile investment, they come in handy for squashin any number of things. I did just like Frank, my OTC with all it's special attachments stays in it's box most of the time. The modified elcheapo gets used quite a few times each year, it cost about a tenth what the OTC cost.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance