32 progress been awhile since I posted

Started by nzsimon, November 27, 2007, 03:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

well the painting drama is now complete I have sanded filled blackened and glossed the underneath
I turned it upside down on an old mattress bought off the net and put a couple of litres of 2 pot etch primer a litre of black basecoat and 2 litres of 2 pot clear

I also did the firewall as impossible to paint later without taking the body off again

After the first application of clear I got my wife to airbrush a pair of chequered flags on it then another heavy coat of 2 pot clear

After I had block sanded this flat again I put one last coat of clear last night

a few neighbours helped me put the body on this evening with their kids feeding the hanging down bits over the chassis

now I am in the home stretch to getting it running final paint and upholstery will have to wait as I have just bought a Lotus Esprit sport 350 and hotrodding money will be tight for awhile

at least no-one will be complaining about the smell of paint through the house for awhile now I just have to clean up the garage
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Dave

Looking good. Too bad your gonna be slowed a bit but that happens.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

rumrumm

Very nice--I was wondering when we were going to get an update. Kudos to your wife--cool airbrush job.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

chimp koose

that firewall art is truly unique. I like it a lot!

Bib_Overalls

Really impressed with your build.  Tell the bank to come by and get the Lotus.  Ya gotta get this puppy done!
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks