A good source for 32 chassis

Started by Bugpac, November 04, 2007, 07:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

Im looking for a good chassis source for 32's, Something I can be a dealer of..Any info and who is the best regarded would be great...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"Im looking for a good chassis source for 32's, Something I can be a dealer of..Any info and who is the best regarded would be great...

There are so many guys going chassis now that I dont have a clue as to whats best and id think delivery like asap would be good too. I used a Street Rods By Michael chassis under my coupe and it was nice except for the front shock mounts. Thats the only weekness.. So cal is nice but pricey and i may be the only one that doesnt really care for the step boxed frame..   The roadster im working on has a williams from ill. I think is where he is from. Its ok but the welds could have been prettier and they used hot rolled to box it so you have to grind or blast.. The quote I got locally for blasting seemed pretty high and it wasnt till id bought some 3m wheels and got all the scale off that I found another blaster thats prolly cheaper but I havent checked yet. Another thing with michaels frames is they sit low and no clearance problems.
Dave   :lol:

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

kb426

I'm using a Street rods by Michael but I doubt that we're helping you with the dealer portion. Anything that is really good will have a high enough buy-in to discourage most people from becoming a dealer.
TEAM SMART

Bugpac

was just looking at them actually, Ill have to call them and see what they can do...

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"was just looking at them actually, Ill have to call them and see what they can do...

If you talk to Michael you might want to bring up my name Dave Colliau and the shock issue on my car and let him know the front mounts did fail. Like I said other that than it was great. There are pics of my car on his site too.. Im sure he will remember me  :wink:  At least the mounts didnt fail while i owned the car but they shouldnt have failed anyway. Michael is a great guy i had a griffin raditore start leaking wi like 2 weeks of waranty left he sent me a new one no questions asked. Had it in a couple days..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

rumrumm

You might check with Cornhusker. I have seen their frames at the SR Nationals, and they looked very nice. If you are interested in being enterprising, you could build a jig and start building your own deuce frames under your own name.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Bugpac

I should have been clearer in my original post, I want a source3 for pieces parts, frame rails etc, I do plan to build a jig and produce my own chassis... :D

I have emailed several places in regards to rails, dearborn being one, waiting to here back from them...

I have a wood buck of a 32 chassis, a guy built it yrs ago, you basicly clamp the sheet material to it and use the wood as the plasma torch guide, not my ideal way of doing it...I am moving everything to the new shop on saturday, I will post some pics of everything then...

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"I should have been clearer in my original post, I want a source3 for pieces parts, frame rails etc, I do plan to build a jig and produce my own chassis... :D

I have emailed several places in regards to rails, dearborn being one, waiting to here back from them...

I have a wood buck of a 32 chassis, a guy built it yrs ago, you basicly clamp the sheet material to it and use the wood as the plasma torch guide, not my ideal way of doing it...I am moving everything to the new shop on saturday, I will post some pics of everything then...

Thanks for clearing that up.. I really think the american stamping rails are a pretty good deal price wise. But after you get the rails there is the boxing and xmember stuff .. Everyone has thier own opinion on the xmembers and how and what they like.. It might be more cost effictive to have the frame done and delivered to you.. I visited a guy in jackson a month ago who was making his own frames by cutting and welding em and i didnt like em at all. There was a guy on the hamb that was selling rails and had some pretty good prices a while back too.. There is quite a bit of time involved welding and grinding boxing plates to make a frame look good.
Dave

Deuce

Quote from: "jusjunk"
I really think the american stamping rails are a pretty good deal price wise.    

After 10 sets ( @ one order ) the price gets a lot better ...

A friend needed 3 sets ... and other Deuce people needed one or two sets each so they all got together and ordered 10 sets ... good price ...  :D
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Crosley.In.AZ

Decades ago  when I learned that the few chassis out there were built from flat steel , welded and shaped into form..... I thought these guys were crazy.

I did not know what was involved in stamping a frame rail out. It seemed simple to talk about it. LOL

Around 1984 or 85 I had a 34 ford 5 window coupe in pieces.  The frame had been boxed with 1/4 inch material.  It was quite heavy

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bugpac

The american stamping price is attractive, but i have to purchase 5 sets of rails to get the discount, not to big of deal, but the price reduction to dealers on the boxing plates is minimal, and there is no price break on cross members at all.....Most dealer pricing is a large initial order, then you can buy whatever you like....Not at ams...Im trying hard to get the dearborn rails, cant seem to contact the right guy, anyone have contact info for the manufacturer....

Topsterguy

I was under the impression that TCI made their rails out of 4 pieces welded together, or at least used to. I had a TCI frame under my 32 roadster and the rails were 4 pieces of flat steel welded together. Just one of the many reasons I would never use a TCI frame / chassis again!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

rx4ord

I know this won't help but have a look anyway. A mate of mine makes these and they are the best I have seen. Beautiful workmanship. http://www.toprodz.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=29  What do you reckon about this stuff from downunder. Dave
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower