350 Over Flags Emblem

Started by loiselle, May 14, 2004, 10:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loiselle

I am looking for this Chevy Emblem.  What were they used on and where can I get one?  Thanks ...

Larry
Larry D. Loiselle
30maccp@gmail.com
http://loiselle.witnesstoday.org/
Be Righteous Not Politically Correct

Sean

Quote from: "loiselle"I am looking for this Chevy Emblem.  What were they used on and where can I get one?  Thanks.

Your picture isn't coming up for me but I assume you are talking about standard Chevy "Fender Flags". Chevelle's, Impala's, Caprice's, etc., just about all of them had fender flags during the 60's.

There are different flags though. Big Block flags are a different style than the Small block flags, and I think they even had a third flag design for six-bangers. The six cylinder flags didn't have a numerical designation though, just the flags by themselves.

loiselle

Fixed the image problem.  Hope it is okay now.

Larry
Larry D. Loiselle
30maccp@gmail.com
http://loiselle.witnesstoday.org/
Be Righteous Not Politically Correct

purplepickup

I thought most of those were two piece emblems like these.  These pics all came from ebay.

You can get the flags and the 350 emblems separate.

George

Mikej

I thought the crossed flags meant high performance.

Sean

Quote from: "Mikej"I thought the crossed flags meant high performance.

They came on Chevy's, doesn't that automatically make them high performance? :wink: I think the Six cylinder cars just used the red white and blue wedge shape thats between the two flags.  

Now that his picture comes up, I don't ever remember seeing a one-piece emblem either. When did the 350 first come out? '68-'69?

BB Flags were one-piece...

Mikej

I asked one of the corvette owners at a show yesterday about the crossed flags on his vette. He just bought them at the performance store. I guess all chevys are high performance.

47 ragtop

Quote from: "Sean"
Quote from: "Mikej"I thought the crossed flags meant high performance.

They came on Chevy's, doesn't that automatically make them high performance? :wink: I think the Six cylinder cars just used the red white and blue wedge shape thats between the two flags.  

Now that his picture comes up, I don't ever remember seeing a one-piece emblem either. When did the 350 first come out? '68-'69?

BB Flags were one-piece...

model a vette

[ When did the 350 first come out? '68-'69?}

350's came out in 1967. Debuted in Camaros. I have a '67 Camaro 350 in my Roadster. The first ones (like mine) apparently used the same block casting as 327's in '67.
Ed

HOTRODSRJ

The flags can be bought from a variety of folks including Classic Industries at www.classicindustries.com including the new "383" that's on my Belair with the Vflag emblem.

The V cross flags are to represent "V" for V8 and decorative flags for performance.  The six cylinders did NOT have these badges and have a stick looking red/white/blue accoutrements.
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

Mikej

My 63 Corvair had crossed flags as it was a high performance car (102hp). I mounted them in the dash of my 35. Will try to take a picture because are are alittle different than the ones shown here already.