Being A bad boy.. and why I did not drive to the Pile-Up!

Started by msuguydon, October 13, 2007, 06:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

So my son.. says... Dad.. read my t-shirt

By the way... he says to all you OLD GUYS... Please, ohhhhhh Please give me your cars..... welll okay.. one is OK... just one.... one Measly car... like a 1971, numbers matching R/T Challenger... or maybe a run of the milll dodge charger.. Hemi of course!
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

chimp koose

from the picture beside the car its obvious that superman wears quite the cup!

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"from the picture beside the car its obvious that superman wears quite the cup!

:lol:  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :mrgreen:

he has it on backwards tho

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Quote from: "chimp koose"from the picture beside the car its obvious that superman wears quite the cup!

Thats funny right there :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"That My friends is a TRUE STORY, the names have been changed to protect the innocent...

this guys wants 12 grand for this.. should I buy it?

My expierence with t buckets is in our neck of the woods they are extremely hard to sell. Also I had one oncw and the problem i have with them is that you sit on em not in em meaning its hard to get enuff leg room in a t to get down out of the elements should the weather turn bad.  They are cool though and everyone used to point when i was drivivng mine (insert snide comment here)..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

river1

Quote from: "jusjunk"they are cool though and everyone used to point when i was drivivng mine (insert snide comment here)..

OK i'll bite

when you're walking down the street they point and laugh also :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "jusjunk"they are cool though and everyone used to point when i was drivivng mine (insert snide comment here)..

OK i'll bite

when you're walking down the street they point and laugh also :lol:  :lol:

later jim

Thanks jim i feel better now...... Sorry im not gonna answer that.....

purplepickup

Quote from: "msuguydon"I also decided to DRIVE REALLLY Fast, to * of the cops!!

Your engine only turns 2800 rpm at 90??  It must really scream out of the hole :wink:
George

EMSjunkie

ROFLAMO :!:  :!:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OMG :idea:  :idea:

We have created a monster :shock:
now he's lookin' at T-buckets :lol:  :lol:

next its gonna be his 'ole lady in a poodle skirt.
him with a pack of Lucky Strikes rolled up in his shirt sleeve, and a DA haircut :oops:

WHAT HAVE WE DONE :?:  :?:  :?:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

glad you had a good time, those Tat's will come off with some rubbing alcohol, so the neighbors don't get scared :P

that's what "shake down" runs are for, to find the little problems. and to meet some really great people, when you do have problems.

p.s. thats a nice 4-way wrench, you didn't scratch the chrome using it, did ya :?:  :P  :P

Vance

pps......post a pix of the 'ole lady in her poodle skirt :roll:
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

msuguydon

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "msuguydon"I also decided to DRIVE REALLLY Fast, to * of the cops!!

Your engine only turns 2800 rpm at 90??  It must really scream out of the hole :wink:

I was wondering when someone would notice that, SPEEDO is not calibrated... I was going maybe 65, but don't tell anyone it will ruin my street credibility.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Mikej

I thought you were coasting. Figured you had been up to 120 or so. That would have given you enough time to get the camera out. The idle is a little high though. Good thing you had supermans nut cup on your wheel. Someone could have been hurt if your nuts weren't contained.

donsrods

You couldn't duplicate that T for $ 12,000.  Not using new parts anyway.  It looks solid, and I like the style and way it is done.  I bet it is a nice driver too.

If you like it, go for it.

Don

Carnut

Quote from: "donsrods"You couldn't duplicate that T for $ 12,000.  Not using new parts anyway.  It looks solid, and I like the style and way it is done.  I bet it is a nice driver too.

If you like it, go for it.

Don

I generally don't like T-Buckets, but if I had $12k that T would be mine.

Eliot Ness

I enjoyed reading about your wild adventures.  Funny thing about those TATS, they look a lot like the costume Halloween tattoo sleeves I saw at the drugstore a week or two ago.   :lol:

As you get your car problems sorted out you'll feel more comfortable going on longer treks.  It might help if you caravan at least part of the distance with some other old cars, that in itself is a pretty cool experience.  Most us us carry at least a minimal tool kit and various parts to handle minor breakdowns.  A gold AAA card with the 100 miles of free towing is also worth the price just for the peace-of-mind it offers.

I was driving a '67 SS396 back from Columbus a few years ago and I would hear an occasional thunk, kinda like a rock thrown up under the car.  About 30 miles from the house on I-75 I lost all power to the wheels, like the tranny had went out.  The AAA tow got me home where I discovered that the occasional thunking noise was the torque converter bolts coming out one-by-one      :shock:

Another time in my '40 coming back from a show about 300 miles away a rocker arm stud snapped off in the boonies of IN late on a Sunday afternoon.  Since I was running roller rockers it looked like I had enough threads left to use a standard rocker arm, but where to find one?  Being a member of NSRA they have a thing called the "fellow pages" that list street rodders willing to help by location.  One phone call later and a member ran me out a couple or rocker arms and nuts and I was on my way.  I guess the moral is no matter what you're driving sh$t can happen, but it doesn't negate all the fun you've had driving prior to that and you often meet some pretty neat folks who are more than willing to help.
John

Nick32Vic

are you serious!!!!!!! thats why you didnt drive to the pileup? jeez! You could changed all your lug bolts out in half hour and been on the road!!!!! haha, just kidding man. Woulda loved to have seen your 58 though! Take it easy.