With the 350 crate engine on the floor in my shop...

Started by Chebby, October 12, 2007, 09:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chebby

... I'm starting to think, if I have that 700R4 tranny checked before I hook it up behind the new 350 the tranny shop will most likely want to rebuild it...

Can anybody tell me how much a GM Goodwrench (brand new) replacement 700R4 would cost?

I'm looking for a 700R4 (I think they call it a 4L60 now), not the early one but not the computer version either.

Thanks all.

Chebby

Dave

Quote from: "Chebby"... I'm starting to think, if I have that 700R4 tranny checked before I hook it up behind the new 350 the tranny shop will most likely want to rebuild it...

Can anybody tell me how much a GM Goodwrench (brand new) replacement 700R4 would cost?

I'm looking for a 700R4 (I think they call it a 4L60 now), not the early one but not the computer version either.

Thanks all.

Chebby

Just  do a search on jim pace pontiac they sell crate motors and transmissions. Ive got 2 crate motors from them and i noticed they sold new trannys..
Dave

Crosley.In.AZ

many of the GM dealers sell on line...

WATCH for core charges on  trannys!  Some companies offer free shipping , then charge 200 - 300 bucks for a core charge... IF you have to send in a core , you have freight charge.

I suggest a company local to you as the first place to check.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1FATGMC

Personally I would prefer a re-built used one over a new one if it was re-built by a competent builder such as Tony.  For the same or less they could use better/stronger parts than what comes in a new one.

c ya,

Sum

Crosley.In.AZ

oh BTW, you can not buy  a brand new trans from GM.

They are all reman units.

You need deeep connections to get a brand new trans.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)