Started by chevy 47 coupe, October 03, 2007, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevy 47 coupe

Hi all new here  here is my latest project a 47 chevy stylemaster coupe I will be asking many questions so bear with me thanx

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. I have a 48 Fleetline aerocoupe, and my son has a 47 four door sedan.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard

looks like you have  a good start.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chevy 47 coupe

Im thinking about useing a 78-88 monte carlo/buick regal/olds cutlass/pont grand prix  rolling chassis? any comments or ideas please let me know thanx

enjenjo

The G body (monte ect.) chassis is not a good fit to the Chevy floor. The car ends up setting real high. The best way to do it is to remove the rails between the front and rear suspension, duplicating the stock rails with retangular tubing. Things are also real tight in the radiator/grille/steering area. the enge mounts are in the wrong location too.

The best frame swap I saw on a Chevy was a Toyota 80 to 85 2x4 extended cab pickup frame. It has to be stretched 4" but is a near perfect fit to the Chevy floor.

chevy 47 coupe

enjo,your talking about a toyota pickupm frame that has to be stretched 4"   in what way?   the monte carlo frame is not a smart move? I was thinking of useing the chassis,running gear,electric ,motor and trans. if i use the toyota can i still use a v8/350? all new to me

enjenjo

The frame is stretched by cutting the rails and adding a new section of metal. You have to fabricate motor mounts, but a 350 clears nice.

On the Monte frame, it is much wider in the center, which puts the rails just behing the rocker panels. This raises the car about 4" as the floor is tapered. Plus the engine mounts are way too far forward, the engine has to move back in the chassis 6 to 7".

chevy 47 coupe

enjenjo,thanks for your responces.if the (g-body) frame isnt to suitable for the 47 and the toyota is.my question is there any other vechicles frame and running gear that i could use,as i want to use basicly all the componets minus the body to put the 47 body on.I really dont want to get into buying to many different parts(motor rear front clip etc.)i was thinking of a cadillac frame also but wheel center to center is 114" when i need 116".any more ideas would be helpfull thanx