rigid 90 degree bend for gm style speedo cable...

Started by wayne petty, October 13, 2007, 01:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

yes another tip for the flush area.

gm made a really nice 90 degree bend that can be installed on most gm transmissions to clear headers, crossmembers or other items...

it come on 79 to 85 eldorados, toronados, rivierias and 80 to 85 sevilles(yep the big ugly slant back ones).   these cars were front wheel drive with longatudinal motors not transverse motors.

i really dont know if they were installed on earlier models.
they do come in handy as they can be installed in mulitiples... so you can bend it up and then forward.

chimp koose

thanks for the tip wayne. I assume this would fit a powerglide trans as well?

wayne petty

that should be no problem..

i went surfing for an image as i cannot find my spare right now...

i guess its back on the junk yard list

this image is clipped and is 20 inches long.. the one i am talking about is only 6 inches and the bend is encased in an outer cover.

Crosley.In.AZ

I am not sure if I am thinking of the same item as you wayne...

GM had a sleeve that encased the speed-O cable to provide a 90* bend... it slipped over the cable like a split tube would.

there also were the 90* gear driven devices for tight spots.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

this is a short cable about 5 or 6 inches long with a rigid covering over the casing. it has standard 7/8 ends of both male and female with proper sex core ends.

you could stack a bunch of them together  if you really wanted to get twisted...    ill be going to the junk yard this week... eldos and sevilles are everywhere out there.. it is down on the drivers side of the tranny under the steering column shaft as i recall..   it lets the cable avoid the exhaust heat.

chimp koose

Tony ,do you know what applications the 90 you mention came from?I have a fairly snug area around my speedo cable and knowing a fix before I get to installing a cable could save some grief later.