Idle thoughts

Started by kb426, October 08, 2007, 06:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

The summer is over. It was about 40 degrees here this morning. But, as I sit in front of the computer after I patched the tire on the dirt bike because the delivery guy didn't bring my new tube, I was thinking how nice it would be to back a dragster out in the street and do a 1/8 mile burnout. Oh, I remember, I don't own one anymore. When I get done with the 32, it's going to get abused something terrible for a bit. :lol:
TEAM SMART

kb426

TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Hooley and I ran at the AHRA Hot Rod Reunion this last weekend.  We only made one pass each and then it got rained out.  As we worked on the Henry J yesterday I told him it sure felt good to make that pass.  I am really looking forward to running the Henry next season.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

dragrcr50

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Hooley and I ran at the AHRA Hot Rod Reunion this last weekend.  We only made one pass each and then it got rained out.  As we worked on the Henry J yesterday I told him it sure felt good to make that pass.  I am really looking forward to running the Henry next season.

John
sure was a long wet drive for me to make that single pass too, but it was a fix for the week , cant wait til tulsa in two weeks...good to see ya john...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

dragrcr50

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Hooley and I ran at the AHRA Hot Rod Reunion this last weekend.  We only made one pass each and then it got rained out.  As we worked on the Henry J yesterday I told him it sure felt good to make that pass.  I am really looking forward to running the Henry next season.

John
sure was a long wet drive for me to make that single pass too, but it was a fix for the week , cant wait til tulsa in two weeks...good to see ya john...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

chimp koose

I find myself daydreaming about my old front engine car now and then. When I try to describe what it felt like to do a burnout or stage the car I still get goosebumps and I havent driven one in 10 years! When I was selling the car I didnt go to the dragstrip untill the car sold. I figured all it would take is a day at the track and I would be hauling the dragster out of the trailer again.When I finish the Anglia I am definitely taking it to the track.