Car Bras

Started by Pep, September 24, 2007, 10:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

Where in the US sells them for a 37 Ford? Pref companies with a web site...but old fashioned ones are welcome as well. Thanks in advance.
See Ya
Pep

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Pep"Where in the US sells them for a 37 Ford? Pref companies with a web site...but old fashioned ones are welcome as well. Thanks in advance.

Here's one source, Pep, but I can't tell you anything about them.  ....Some local guys use them, and they seem pleased.

'37 Ford styles are on page 5 of the front fender bra section.

http://www.wardlowbras.net/
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Pep

Thanks Bruce..seems they have the goods. I just need to find out if they ship to Oz. There is no option in their list of countries.
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

Wardlow is probably the biggest name in street rod bras.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

btrc

Pep,
 I have a set of wardlow bras on my '37 (bra, grill screen, bumper cover) and they seem to work OK.  I would check to see if they could put one more hook on each side though.   Mine has two along the edge of the fenders and I think it would be better with one more in between.

Bob
Bob

n.c.rodder

My Wardlow bra is over 12 years old, still going strong.  :D

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Okiedokie

If you buy a bug screen be sure to get the SoftSeal attachers, you will like those a lot better than spring type.

Eliot Ness

Another vote for Wardlow here.  

One thing to consider: some of their bras use a snap to attach to the underside lip of a fender.  If you don't want to drill a hole they'll make one that uses Velcro (included) instead.  At the Nats one year I was buying some more Velcro from them and the gal told me to run a bead of silicone around the Velcro once it was attached....... since then it has always stayed put.
John

Canuck

Another vote for Wardlow.

Had one on my 47 Chevy, nicely made product.

They were more than glad to ship to Canada and even volunteered to send via the post office without asking, the most economical method of shipping smaller items from the US to Canada.  UPS etc have very high handling charges that can double the cost of items for us.
My 30 Coupe build, with a Nailhead and fenders
  UPDATED JUNE 26, 2017
http://chevelle406.wordpress.com/

UGLY OLDS

Yet another vote for Wardlow..My kid needed a bra ASAP due to having to move his car before deployment....They shipped next day at no extra charge & thanked him for his service overseas....VERY nice people to deal with... 8)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

btrc

Quote from: "Eliot Ness"Another vote for Wardlow here.  

One thing to consider: some of their bras use a snap to attach to the underside lip of a fender.  If you don't want to drill a hole they'll make one that uses Velcro (included) instead.  At the Nats one year I was buying some more Velcro from them and the gal told me to run a bead of silicone around the Velcro once it was attached....... since then it has always stayed put.

Thanks for posting the silicone suggestion.  That is why I thought the extra hook was needed.  The top hook always slides down on mine and I couldn't get the Velcro to stay in place.  I have a friend who did the snaps but my tire clearances are really close.

Bob
Bob

Eliot Ness

Quote from: "btrc"......Thanks for posting the silicone suggestion.  That is why I thought the extra hook was needed.  The top hook always slides down on mine and I couldn't get the Velcro to stay in place.  I have a friend who did the snaps but my tire clearances are really close.

Bob
After you clean the underside of the fender real good (in the spot where the Velcro sticks), attach a fresh Velcro strip and then run a small bead of silicone around it.  That keeps out water and it will in stay in place a lot longer.  Since I've done that my Velco has yet to come loose.
John