38 Chevy Vent regulator, witch side is it?

Started by rooster, September 19, 2007, 11:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

i even have a 29-41  fleetline parts manual somewere.. the retainer bosses can be drilled and tapped but better helicoiled to a small size like 8-32 /10-32.and button head allen cap screws used to hold the worm gear retainer back in place.

by the way the worm gear is pitched . i'd say left hand window .

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "rooster"

Here are my pictures of the drivers side (left) vent window.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

rooster

It looks like the same one you have , send me your address and I will get in the mail. The part that has the copper tubing on it , is a repair job! That appears the only piece thats broke.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "rooster"It looks like the same one you have , send me your address and I will get in the mail. The part that has the copper tubing on it , is a repair job! That appears the only piece thats broke.

I will PM you later in the day.

|John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

wayne petty

Quote from: "wayne petty"i even have a 29-41  fleetline parts manual somewere.. the retainer bosses can be drilled and tapped but better helicoiled to a small size like 8-32 /10-32.and button head allen cap screws used to hold the worm gear retainer back in place.

by the way the worm gear is pitched . i'd say left hand window .

guys i was wrong.....  it is the right side./... i blew up the photo and it is the other side from the lower two pictures....

wayne...    guesser of the wrong side this time...

rooster

A closer look , the one I have is different from the one John has pictured!
thanks Wayne.

wayne petty

Quote from: "rooster"A closer look , the one I have is different from the one John has pictured!
thanks Wayne.

it is the mirrored image... so it is the right side...

rooster

looking closer at johns first picture it appears the same part broken is what has been somewhat fixed with a piece of copper tubing in my picture.  The copper fitting used for the fix is a AC tubing size , witch is just a bit larger then regular copper sizes. This info might be usefull to someone!

WZ JUNK

Well thanks guys.  I appreciate you taking a look at the problem.  I will look into fixing the one I have but I will also look for a used one.  I have a lead on two parts cars and I need some more stuff for this one anyway.  The vent window transmission is holding up the electric window job.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

lobucrod

My exerience has been, if its stripped its the left side, if its not stripped its the right side.

lobucrod

Quote from: "lobucrod"My exerience has been, if its stripped its the left side, if its not stripped its the right side.
Of course if your in UK or australia its the opposite!

rooster

The piece I have is not broken at the gears! I did not make this repair, I found it this way when I got a box of parts from a buddy. Cant say how well it works either! It looks to me that a hole was drilled in the broken part and the repair sleave , then tapped for a screw.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "rooster"The piece I have is not broken at the gears! I did not make this repair, I found it this way when I got a box of parts from a buddy. Cant say how well it works either! It looks to me that a hole was drilled in the broken part and the repair sleave , then tapped for a screw.

I am going to look at mine and see if I might be able to do something like that.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck