Food for the Zoo

Started by Dave, September 10, 2007, 06:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "purplepickup"and tell them I'm with the old guy :wink:

that's what you must have told them at clark's in blanding :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Yeah, where they gave you the senior discount and I didn't get it?

See, that "dry heat" out there mummifies ya :wink:
George

purplepickup

Well, we got the RRT Compound set up in the usual spot.  Ha, ...they hassled enjenjo about getting in with the Marlin but he talked them into letting him in long enough to drop the bbq trailer.  I followed him in my '01 ford van and they didn't say a word to me.  About half an hour later they came over and kicked him out and didn't say a thing to me.  My van was right next to his Marlin.  :lol:    The BBQ chicken vendor next to us even gave us a couple of picnic tables to use.  

Ugly Olds and Ohio Blue Tip helped arrange furniture.

The weather is supposed to be a little cool but it looks like we're in for another fine weekend of braggin', burnin' meat, burpin', and havin' fun. :0-0
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "purplepickup"
The weather is supposed to be a little cool but it looks like we're in for another fine weekend of braggin', burnin' meat, burpin', and havin' fun. :0-0

You left out fartn' :roll:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

sirstude

How many cars, show up at the Zoo?  Just kind of curious.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

EMSjunkie

Its good to know that Team Smart is on-scene 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "sirstude"How many cars, show up at the Zoo?  Just kind of curious.

Doug

Usually 3000-3,500 depending on the weather forecast and if the Frankenmuth show closer to Detroit is held on the same weekend or not.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

Vance

George actually learned something from ugly olds.  just ask him.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

Vance

George actually learned something from ugly olds.  just ask him.
Yup, Ugly showed me the right way to put up an EZ Up, how to drive canopy stakes, how to pick up the mess we made, how to do dishes, how to open beers right when mine was getting empty.....daayynngg I wish I was as smart as you guys are 8)

Tomorrow I'm gonna see if I can get Dave to show me some neat stuff....
George

UGLY OLDS

Yup, Ugly showed me the right way to put up an EZ Up, how to drive canopy stakes, how to pick up the mess we made, how to do dishes, how to open beers right when mine was getting empty.....daayynngg I wish I was as smart as you guys are 8)

Aw shucks guys...It was Nuttin.....

Ugly showed me the right way to put up an EZ Up...
( You grab where it say's "lift here" & reach for the sky.....)

How to drive canopy stakes ...
( Ya jus kinda keep your foot's out of the way & use the stick with iron on the end..)

how to pick up the mess we made...
(Gee..I don't remember any mess... Must have happened when I had to retrieve Frank after his car was "Forcibly Removed" .. Funny..They never questioned George's "radical custom" 1948 Econoline...Must be the paint...Maybe it was Sunday when I brought my wife over to have her help with the "after event tear down"  :?:  :?:  :wink: )

how to do dishes...
( That's why they invented those big "sinks" with the lids on the top & the wheels on the bottom..The "Dish Guy" emptys them daily...)

How to open beers right when mine was getting empty ...
( Nobody ever knew if you looked in the little "dispensing hole" & saw a message that says.." DANGER..ALMOST GONE"...It's time to grab another??? Must be a Chicago thing.... :shock: )

All in all ...A GREAT weekend...Got to meet LOTS of neat people & saw their cars..Learned how to loose picnic tables ....Went from walking to stumbling to hobbling in 2 days..( A new personal record..) ...
 Best of all...Got my picture taken with Denise  8)  8)  8)

Yup...I'm looking forward to next year already  :!:  :!:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Remember who took that picture :lol:  I sure hope it came out..
Good meeting you Bob and what a fun weekend again.. I kinda enjoyed showing up when ever.. No car = no hurry...  I was kinda lazy this weekend anyway ..Oh ya george couldnt remember where he put the beer you brought and I didnt know you brought any.. He stumbled on it by accident  ...I guess george is gonna hafta work a lil harder to make the Team...
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

enjenjo

I had a good time. The weather was a bit cool in the mornings, but I've been there with worse weather, at least there was not much rain. :lol:

Since it was cool saturday, we made a big pot of chilli, several of us added out own "special" ingredients, it came out great. There was just a dab left in the bottom of about 4 gallons by saturday evening.

Dave's Deer brats were better than ever, they ate all he brought, we even added some to the chilli!

For once I calculated the food right, when the show was over the food was gone! All I brought home was condiments.

My wife has sinner ready when I got home, hot dogs and Chilli. :lol:

Flamefink's mother brought three strawberry cakes made by his grandmother, just about the best cake on earth. Her friend also brought a tasty rum cake that was mostly gone too by sunday afternoon.

Ken again did most of the cooking, thank you ken. other jumped in as needed. The BBQ got a real workout, we were serving three meals a day some days.

George provided us with Tomatos, and peppers from his garden, that were part of most meals.

I would like to thank those of you that stuck around to the bitter end, and helped break down the tents, and pack things up for transport.

Oldbbobsign nade some neat stickers for everyone to remember it by, thanks Larry.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Another year of eating our way thru Nats North has passed but I captured a few memories when I thought to.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!