Wow ,, Interesting evening..

Started by Dave, September 09, 2007, 08:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

After working on the roadster all weekend and Sue was n Ft Wayne. I called her and told her id get on the scooter and meet her at our favorite diner for some of thier great perch..  We pulled in almost the same time and we ordered a couple cocktails and we started talking about what we did over the weekend. I kept looking to my right  at a guy sitting at a table and watching his kids.. They were playing the pinball machines an stuff and seemed to be having a great time.. Finially sue looked at me kinda funny and I told her If that wasnt Doug Kalitta (spelling) it could be his twin.. Now Id already looked at the back of his shirt and (MR Obvious) didnt make the connection. He then got up and walked over to the pool table and leaned on it and turned his back to me.  Thats when I asked if they had the weekend off. His wife kinda chuckled and I figured out later that there were other people  that thought  it was Doug but I won 8)  We BSed for about 10 minutes about the racing and that I knew his face more from the days he drove usac sprint cars. He said that was fun and we talked about a couple other guys that still race that he and I both know..  :)  He then asked my name shook my hand and told me it was nice meeting me.. Sweeeeeeeeeet.. That was that .. I didnt ask for an autograph or nuttin.. I really think I supprised him by not making a scene just  chatting about the racing in general..  Cool evening...  Nice young Man.. Oh ya right after I told sue if it wasnt him it was his twin she went to the lil girls room and when she came back she kinda figured it was him as we then were talking racing..
Dave
ps: ya the shirt said MAC tools on it .. DUH...

kb426

Pleasant  diversion. I'm sure the food was fine but you just made a memory.
TEAM SMART