went to a small show today, but had some nice cars

Started by 58 Yeoman, September 09, 2007, 10:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Went to a local show today, as  I couldn't find anyone to help me install my kitchen countertop.  There is a car in there that Frank might like, if he decides to get rid of the Marlin, now that's he's a year older.  I've heard that older people like converts. :lol:

I hope the link works.  See if you can see Frank's replacement.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x245/58yeoman/

Oh yeah...happy birthday, Frank.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

I actually like the 62 Ford convert better. I owned one like the pink one about 10 years ago, but it was green, sold it at Springfield after a few months.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

I want the dune buggy.  I have had a craving for one of them for quite a while.  When we first moved to Montana (a long time ago) my dad was a VW dealer, and we built a Metalflake green buggy.  It had all of 36 hp but was still a ball.  If I ever get done with some of my projects, I will look for one.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

kool pics....

Some friends (brothers) of mine built a fiberglas buggy in the early 70's.. That was quite a learning experience from many angles.

We took it out to the river bed and immediately stuck it in the sand

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I voted for the 62 Ford, but a 62 Chevy hardtop won that class.  I don't see many 62 Ford's in this area, and only a few 63 1/2, my favorite.  I've had two VW dunebuggies in my VW days; one a short wb like the red one, the other a full length four seater, which I built.  My neighbor at the time also had a long one, so he could have room for his wifes wheelchair.

BTW, the buggy and the 68 Ford convert were in the same class, special interest.  The buggy won first place.

The blue 1933 Chrysler Imperial won first in its' class, plus another win from the people giving the show.  It belongs to a dr. friend of mine who just finished it a couple weeks ago.  Very few built, and some parts had to be made.  I watched he and his partner in crime put the car together; those old cars amaze me, the way they're built.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil