My driveway is full

Started by alchevy, August 25, 2007, 11:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

This past week, I went ahead while the good rates were there and bought a new '07 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 2wd. Been trying to sell the '40 Chevy Sedan and I am selling my '81 Chevy Stepside Pickup to make room for my next project which will be a '48 Chevy Pickup. Going to pay off what I owe on the HHR and keep it.

As you can see in these pictures, I tried to buy a RED one!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

good lookin truck.... the truck / suv sales are way off the past couple of months.  There are deals to be had with the 2008's coming out of the door
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

alchevy

Quote from: "Crosley"good lookin truck....

Thanks. I  put the '81 Pickup in the front yard this morning and put a for sale sign in the window. Then I got the '40 Chevy out and put it beside the truck. Got out of the car good and put the for sale sign on it and someone stopped to look at them. He is interested in the truck, but he looked at the '40 first. Said he was looking for something like the truck for a father/son project. He took it for a test drive to show his son and they came back. Then his wife came by and said that she liked my '07 truck. He asked me to pull it around back and let him think on it for a week. Then he came back by the afternoon and said that he would give me an answer on it by Tuesday. Sooooo, I may have it sold.

The '81 was my first vehicle and I have had it for 26 years, now it may be going to another youngster as his first vehicle. Funny how those things work out.

Maybe I should of stuck a sign in the front yard that said: "Honest Al's Used Cars"

AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Honest Al the kids pal ..  ~:)

I've never owned a vehicle that long. There are a couple I wonder where they are now.  

I wonder where the front wheel drive 1970 Chevelle I built ended up
Tony

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"Honest Al the kids pal ..  ~:)

I've never owned a vehicle that long. There are a couple I wonder where they are now.  

quick search found this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robdurfee/495365129/

could there be more then one????
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

Quote from: "40chevy"
Quote from: "Crosley"good lookin truck....

Thanks. I  put the '81 Pickup in the front yard this morning and put a for sale sign in the window. Then I got the '40 Chevy out and put it beside the truck. Got out of the car good and put the for sale sign on it and someone stopped to look at them. He is interested in the truck, but he looked at the '40 first. Said he was looking for something like the truck for a father/son project. He took it for a test drive to show his son and they came back. Then his wife came by and said that she liked my '07 truck. He asked me to pull it around back and let him think on it for a week. Then he came back by the afternoon and said that he would give me an answer on it by Tuesday. Sooooo, I may have it sold.

The '81 was my first vehicle and I have had it for 26 years, now it may be going to another youngster as his first vehicle. Funny how those things work out.

Maybe I should of stuck a sign in the front yard that said: "Honest Al's Used Cars"

AL

Being that you took the sign out I hope he takes it. I  feel that the first one there with the money is the one that gets it. Maybes don't count.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"Honest Al the kids pal ..  ~:)

quick search found this one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robdurfee/495365129/

could there be more then one????

that would be the car... I've not done any searching lately.

thanks Jim.
Tony

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "phat rat"
Being that you took the sign out I hope he takes it. I  feel that the first one there with the money is the one that gets it. Maybes don't count.

My thought exactly.  Leave it out front, it may motivate him more.  I've had people ask me the same thing; I'll be back in a day or two to let you know for sure.  Yeah, right.  The car stayed in front, and they never came back.  Money talks...maybe's walk.  Or something like that.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "phat rat"

My thought exactly.  Leave it out front, it may motivate him more.  I've had people ask me the same thing; I'll be back in a day or two to let you know for sure.  Yeah, right.  The car stayed in front, and they never came back.  Money talks...maybe's walk.  Or something like that.

That's "Money Talks, Bull#%$* Walks"
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil